Sign in to follow this  
livi1982

Side door protectors

I have a valver in twilight violet (dark purple) which looks pretty sweet but the side door protectors, sunroof surround and rubber roofbar strips have gone grey which makes it look pretty old. Can you easily colour code the door protectors? Or what's the best back to black product going? Got turtle wax's version but it ran pretty badly last time I used it.

try AutoGlym's rubber n bumper trim gel seems to work ok,you could also remove the side strips as tbh they provide little or no protection from people opening doors on to the car............btw if your car's an early valver (pre-92)Steven its probably Bordeaux Pearl rather than twilight violet as thats a later colour

Colour wise I'm going by what the seller told me, looks like it's had a respray at some point but I wouldn't know either way. I've read some threads on this about removing the protectors, they easy to remove? The cars got a fair bit needing done, not sure where to start. Got list a mile long and a limited budget. Think i'm working this tuesday but i'll try and come down to a meet at some point. I might just annoy you with a list of stupid questions.