Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Pioneer Looms

Just bought a pioneer deh-p545r but need a loom for it....

Any-one know what type of loom it is (there are differences between "early" and "Late" looms but no-one seems to know when this happened!)and where I can order them from?

Cheers!

Try Halfords, they carry quite a few looms...

When you say there are differences, do you mean in the loom in the car? As far as I know, they all have the ISO connectors, but early cars don't have a switched live from the ignition. You should connect the switched live input from the stereo to the live in this case to maintain the memory (the loom may facilitate this) and there wil be a switch on the body of the stereo that needs setting for this...

No Early and Late Pioneer looms.. Foundar a supplier of genie pioneer looms of gay-bar but he only does Late and I'll need an early loom....

Going into the Cabby so has a full-time live in it....

i got a new loom for my pioneer from halfrauds take the headunit it and they can match it to the diagram in the book. try not to get a complete d!ck like i did though that managed to order wrong lead even with headunit there for comparison.

have you got any photo's of the connector on the rear of the stereo? i might have one lying around or i may be able to get one for you.

Don't have any pics as yet (pick it up from the post office tomorrow once the stike's over!) but it's a pioneer deh-p545r If that's any help?