Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

Rear spoiler fails to rise automatically.

My rear spoiler worked perfectly. i blew a fuse installing a new sterio. this stopped the lcd display showing whilst the ignition was turned off.

i found the fuse which had blown, repaced it and got the display, and sterio, and fag lighter working.

A few days later i noticed that the spoiler no longer rose on its own. (after 50 mph.)

it still works however if i press the manual switch.

is there a seperate fuse for the spoiler?

can any one help

i have a spare spoiler module i bought for £20 quid works perfect and can fit it as well???

thanks for your reply, what does the module do? is it likely to have been fryed when i shorted out the fag lighter circuit.

god knows!!! but its worth a try as that does the spoiler.

got the 2nd one for my car coz my didnt work to find out it was disconnected when i evenutally found it!! guy i bought car off must of un plugged it when he replaced headlamp switch!!

pratt his loss my gain he thought it was goosed the whole spoiler!!!

the fact that mine works off the switch makes me think that it may be a fuse. if i discover that it is the module, i would be intersted in buying yours

if you live near me in lancashire i am happy to meet up and try it pal???

i would honestly think its that though pal

just remembered when i was checking mine it was either fuse 15 or 16 for spoiler count along from left to right to check pal.

ive just noticed your message about the fuses, i will check in the morning as im in no fit shape to do so at the moment.

This is something that can happen after fitting a stereo (or fiddling under the dash in general). I seem to remember the same happened to mine. It's something to do with the signal wire to the spoiler activation unit being earthed. If it's earthed it causes the speed activation to stop working. Try a search as that's how I found out what was wrong with mine. I'll also have a look and post up the link if I find anything.

Edit: have a look here for starters..... http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11545&hilit=+spoiler+stopped+spoiler+stereo

hi, i'm having a similar problem but my spoiler will not rise at all. it used to work and then one day it just stopped in the middle of rising. i can't hear any noise coming from the motor so i don't hink it is jammed. i have tried to find the fuse for it but don't know where it is located, can anyone tell me? and if it's not the fuse could it be that i need a new motor? any help would be much appreciated, i have would it up manually but it's just not the same!

if your local to me i have a spare spoiler module you can try/buy or just check fuse number 15/16 count from left to right.

Wonder if this is what's wrong with mine as well!? Spoiler works from the switch but not automatically when driving. It wasn't working right when I bought the car earlier in the year.

Got another query...

I was told that the newer models activated the spoilers at around 40-45mph and the older ones were at 75mph. Mine is a 90 model so in theory it should go up at 75mph. Can the sensors be changed over easily so mine goes up sooner??

thanks, it was the fuse.

you know the way the wipers on the corrado are crap, i've heard that you need to change them to lupo wipers but i don't know which model and is it easy enough to do?

Must check the fuse aswell!

I've bought Lupo GTI wipers but haven't fitted them as of yet (waiting till the car comes back from bodyshop). Far as I know it's straight forward to fit. Mine were on a Corrado before I got them off Blue_Joe on here. Look forward to getting them fitted as the originals are shocking! :lol:

I guess it doesn't matter. You should be able to order them up easy enough or get the off ebay. Or best way is prob to phone about the local scrap yards on the off chance that one is in, and hope the guy aint clued into their demand and gives them to ya for good money.

thanks! Now my upper coolant hose is leaking...just ordered a new one but can't get it until Thursday, so the car is off the road for a few days!