Sign in to follow this  
Thumper

LHD to RHD conversion G60

Hi folks, i've searched and got a bit of info on this but nothing definitive. Situation is, i have a G60 LHD Corrado that i picked up for very reasonable price, i really love the car and i have personally no problem driving lhd (i own an edition one too) the only thing is that there has been an enormous spate of eastern european cars vandalised in my area, we have a huge lithuanian/latvian/polish population here and after a few run ins with the local community alot of these cars have been vandalised, i dont want my car to become victim to this too so have decided if at all possible i'm gonna convert it over. I do have access to parts(pretty much all i need as far as i can see) and am will ing to put the effort and time in.

What i would like to know is if there has been anyone actually did this conversion and can give a concrete list of the major problems, i have a fair idea of whats involved, obviously dash,pedal box, fusebox,steering rack etc. I know the bulkhead will have to be cut too. For example is it ok to use the original clocks? (i imagine so) what about the steering column? can i use the lhd one. i believe i lose the abs as well if i change unless i can get a right hooker with it to scavenge. Any help or tips would be appreciated while i weigh up my options,

cheers :)