Sign in to follow this  
weskos

G60 problem, BIG TIME - HELP PLEASE!!

HIya all, I recently serviced my charger and have refitted it, due to it blowing an oil seal and throwing blue smoke out of the exhaust. The problem is, now ive re-fitted ths charger its still doing it? I have the boost re-circulation pipe removed from my engine and the pipe on the back of the engine is blowing oil out when under boost!! The engine is obviously running a little rough. PLEASE give me any ideas as what it could be coz im seriously stumped! :(

There isnt any oil coming from the seal at all and when i replaced it it wouldnt seat anymore. Could the whole problem be that there was oil thrown into the engine/intercooler and piping and its still burning it off?

Yup i could do, but im a little short on the old green at the mo. Any other clues to what it could be?? coz im up for try anythin tonight!!

ok i had the same problem. i have replaced two sets of seals now. only to find that my engine was breathing heavey hence the oil in the charger.... did you make sure u took the IC of to drain all the oil out of it?, id clean all the pipe work and IC. clean out the charger as well... and before you connect all the pipe work run the car so you can see whats coming out of the charger...if any seal is buggered you will see oil streamin out.

SORTED!!!!!! Thanks for all the info guys, i took he charger apart and replaced another seal that wasnt seated properly and KERPOW!! ITS ALIVE!!!! and running, ill defo take the IC off and drain the oil as its running a little lumpy. Thanks again guys. :lol: :D