Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

Help from people who have golf mk4 1.8 20v GTI

Right fellas a mate from work is trying to find either the air inlet temp sensor or the MAF on his golf 1.8 20v gti anyone know where it is ?? I think its the connector that connects to the the pipe behind his K&N am i right ??

So with him having a K&N fitted he wouldnt have an air inlet temp sensor as it was in the standard air box??

I'm not sure what your meant to do with it but fairly sure it should be there as it's needed vy the engine management...

MAF is on the right just next to the air filter housing. Big pipe about 3" dia with a plug on it.

Air temp sensor is in the manifold just after the throttle body. Little black thing with a two pin connector and a 6mm allen pin holding it in. ECU is only interested in how hot the air is post turbocharger.

Air temp sensor is in the manifold just after the throttle body. Little black thing with a two pin connector and a 6mm allen pin holding it in. ECU is only interested in how hot the air is post turbocharger.

is that not the map sensor?

is that not the map sensor?

Well on my Golf 1.8t it's air temp, but it is one of the first AGU engined gti's with cable throttle, so it doesn't have a map sensor or closed loop boost control.

80.jpg

81.jpg