renson

My Corrado,Let the rebuild begin in!! Now with fire pics!

Had it about 3 weeks now, love it. Has been cleaned since these pics but here it is. seems like the more i look at it the more the more things i want/need to change.

Nice looking C there... Now the weather's a bit better get some Shiney photos done too

First jobs? Lowering and a 90mm chin spoiler?

First things to do is sort out a replacement manifold and get it serviced and new bushes all round. It does need lowering though, but thats for another day. tinting rear lights in a week or 2. Badges are getting colour coded and need a new de-badged grill. speakers and cd player soon..

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImage382.jpg[/attachment:21d47]

Image383.jpg[/attachment:21d47]

will slowly add new pics, as things change or possibly fall off!!

After few weeks of problems, looking at getting some new parts. Need to get new suspension as have got two shocks that are shot. Will need to also repalce both top mounts at the front, where do i get these from and how much am i looking at, also after an incident with a fox christmas eve i need a new fog light, how much is repalcement glass for these?

Tints and wheels look good, Darren! 8) And the ride height looks spot on ;)

That reminds me....need to get that sunroof mech out for ya. Hopefully I'll get that done this weekend...weather permitting

No rush mate, dreaded Mot Saturday morning so could be severly skint by the afternoon. Hows the gooney, any progress? I still have your Turbo under my desk!!

No rush mate, dreaded Mot Saturday morning so could be severly skint by the afternoon. Hows the gooney, any progress? I still have your Turbo under my desk!!

Hopefully have her ready for the MOT by the end of the weekend. Then MOT next week, sometime. :eek:

Yeah, we need to sort out the roof and the money for the turbot. I'm sure yours will fly straight through the MOT :wink:

Wish i had that sort of confidence. Don't think it will be too bad, just expecting to find a few inherited problems from the last owner. Should really be normal wear thats the problem, can't see any think too bad being wrong. Emissions will be fine cause i tested them a couple of days ago. That is normally the biggest problem from what i can gather. Just hoping on german reliability now

Had a real result yesterday, car passed MoT with only 1 advisory with light corrosion on a brake line :o . Didn't even have to pay for the MoT as i had to repair the testers machine while i was there (which i do for a living) and nobody could do it till monday so he done it for free in return :lol: . So thats mine and the GF car mot'd this year all for under 60 quid :grin: . Well happy. Now need to think about what i should treat my car to just to say thanks :clap:

Had a real result yesterday, car passed MoT with only 1 advisory with light corrosion on a brake line :o . Didn't even have to pay for the MoT as i had to repair the testers machine while i was there (which i do for a living) and nobody could do it till monday so he done it for free in return :lol: . So thats mine and the GF car mot'd this year all for under 60 quid :grin: . Well happy. Now need to think about what i should treat my car to just to say thanks :clap:

I working sunroof?? ;)

Seeming as it as been a long while since i have updated, i thought that i should make some changes. Last year was a joy really, didn't have any real problems except for the ignition switch which was a pain in the ars8, the sunroof breaking, the fan deciding to not work (broken earth lead) the Battery packing in And the starter motor playing up (loose spade connector on the end). These were all sorted out, only for the sunroof to break again a few months down the line :(. So i thought i would start this year with a good clean.

Before

Book1.pdfCorj.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

After

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfImage0011.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

I then decided to put a few bit on that i had accumilated. Starting with the 90mm splitter, and replacing the 2 broken fog lights.

ETKA Corrado.pdfImage0075.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

I also had to pull the back bumper off to replace the clips on the side after some ***t hit my car in the car park. Fourtunatly there was no other damage other than the clip.

Next on my list was to re bolster my drivers seat. I was pleased with how easy it was to do. Both the top and bottom bolsters were worn completley through so thought it was time to sort them before the cloth got damaged.

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfImage0066.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

Corrado92.pdfImage0067.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

Finished. Not the best pic in the world but feels so much better now

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfImage0068.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

I also decided that i was bored of the tinted top lights so got some more rear lights from the bay and proceded to tint them red.

Before

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCorj13.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

After

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfImage0104.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

The lights shine orange(ish) Taped 3mm lines on the reverse, and indicator lights which let some of the light shine through. For some reason the reverse lights are clearer to see than the indicators. Have replaced the old bulbs with Orange ones. Next i am going to try green bulbs.

I have now moved onto the engine bay, Just giving it a little tidy up and have also been replacing any trim parts throughout the whole car that i have noticed mising. All that i can see that is left is the door lock cover on the drivers side and the little plastic cover for the metering head but that is somewhere in the mess that is my garage.

Corj4.jpg[/attachment:2kslbktk]

Still got loads more cleaning to do in the bay, and have a magnex exhaust to go on at some point and sort the intermittant passenger window problem out. Also want to change the wheels. I love all these wide wheels but i am thinking something more sensible like some borbet c on azev a's. Know the 'MELON' as my boss has named it is nowhere near as nice as some of the cars on here but thought i'd share it anyhow.

Have been thinking about what to do if the green bulbs don't make the indicators flash more orange. Was thinking of something like this red tops with the indicators smoked.

tint.JPG[/attachment:3ilyk7ax]

Not the best photoshop but i think it might look ok. Has anyone else done this or are better at photoshop? A lot of new cars seem to have all red rears with just the indicators and reverse lights tinted dark/clear.

Dont waste your money on green bulbs mate, the only thing they do is make you indicators harder to see.(My bro nearly drove into the back of me!) Get yourself some led's and relays. 10 min job and they work a treat!

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-36 ... 16690.html

These are the ones i got, just cant remember if they were opposite pins or not.

Re: My Corrado

Post by IrishG60 » 27.01.2009, 17:27

I really love the colour of this Rad

I love the colour, would never have another car in the same colour though. Looks really nice when its clean, but as soon as its got a couple of days dirt on it the car just looks really dull.

Post by ben_wooduk » 27.01.2009, 17:56

Dont waste your money on green bulbs mate, the only thing they do is make you indicators harder to see.(My bro nearly drove into the back of me!) Get yourself some led's and relays. 10 min job and they work a treat!

Thanks for that, do you have to use the resistors? i assume you would to lower the voltage.

Re: My Corrado

Post by IrishG60 » 27.01.2009, 17:27

I really love the colour of this Rad

I love the colour, would never have another car in the same colour though. Looks really nice when its clean, but as soon as its got a couple of days dirt on it the car just looks really dull.

Post by ben_wooduk » 27.01.2009, 17:56

Thanks for that, do you have to use the resistors? i assume you would to lower the voltage.[/quote:1t2a0x4j]

Yeah, if you dont use the resistors they flash really quick. you have to solder the resistor on each side, really easy. There is a pic on the forum somewhere showing you how and where. If you buy them and cant find the pic, i'll take a photo of mine for you

if you crimp some spade connectors on to the load resistor you can just plug it into the back of the light cluster. It's really simple, no soldering required.

Do you still want that roof mech? I have a replacement moonroof mech to go in Gooney, so my current one will be available very soon :)

yes please stu, you still after that turbo? Its still under my desk at work :)

Yes mate I am ;)

I'll hopefully get the moonroof in this weekend, so I'll let you know as soon as the other mech is available :)