renson

My Corrado,Let the rebuild begin in!! Now with fire pics!

Thanks to MrBeige, that starter motor sorted me out a treat.

Only just seen this...AWESOME!

Good luck tomorrow :)

It passed :clap: :clap: Only needed a bulb and i checked them tuesday night.

by mrbeige » 15.04.2010, 19:26

renson wrote:Thanks to MrBeige, that starter motor sorted me out a treat.

Only just seen this...AWESOME!

Good luck tomorrow :)

Lasted about 3 months lol, totally seized on me in the middle of the night in the pouring rain when i popped to tescos. Never mind it got me out a muddle for a while. :D

Lasted about 3 months lol, totally seized on me in the middle of the night in the pouring rain when i popped to tescos. Never mind it got me out a muddle for a while. :D

Oh dear, really sorry about that

It passed :clap: :clap: Only needed a bulb and i checked them tuesday night.

Now that is good news :)

Oh dear, really sorry about that

Don't be mate, i got it cheap and it got me going for a bit. Wasn't your fault!

Am all happy again now, was stressed this morning but what a relief! I've had the car for 3 MoT's now and it's never failed,good times!!!!

I Love my Corrado, as SOMETIMES it Loves me :D

Backside.jpg[/attachment:21wndqsk]

Took this last night, not a bad looker from behind!!! lol I don't think she looks too bad for 175k on my camera phone. Hit the exhaust again on the way home though :( so its a trip to powerflow to get it fixed where its blowing soon

Can't believe that the Powerflow place nearest me can't fit my car in till the 15th. Bet if i was replacing the full system instead of just wanting a repair they would have fitted me in faster :bad-words: Contacted them over a week ago to book it in and they only confimed a date yesterday, so now i have got to drive round with the car sounding like a tractor :mad2:

Oh and somehow i managed to pull the bloody handbrake mech off it mountings on the floor so now i need to weld that up at some point :lol:

Not going to be this weekend though, going to distract myself with alcohol and go watch the England vs Barbars game at Twickenham on sunday.

well a good start to 2011 for my baby! Some F :bad-words: er has decided that it would look better being on fire on my drive :( the interior needs some major work and a new window so its a phone call to the insurace company in the morning to discuss the options and then i may be on the scrounge to rise her from the ashes! all in all i'm pretty fooked off if i'm honest!

no chance lol. it started on the back seat where the window had been smashed and the battery was out of the car on charge. was taking it to work tomorrow or sunday to look into a charging problem. its sat on the drive for a month and nobodys been in it so it can't really be anything but deliberate!

oh mate, so sorry to hear about this, hate reading about these things happening as you just know the police wont find them and these mindless vandals will get away with it, and your insurance will go up and you'll suffer the consequences. hope it can be sorted without too much hassle!

well i've sourced a doner car to get everything i need to fix her!!!! Should be all done for less than £350! 1 thing i'm still having a charging issue that i am going to sort. its def the blue wire. does anyone have a wiring digram to show where it goes to?

Ok so a few weeks ago some tool decided that they would break the rear quarter window and set fire to the inside of my rado.

The damage was to the rear door card, the rear seats, drivers seat, lots of the trim plastics and the roof. Was quite lucky really as the fire didn't really catch and not too much damage was done. Was proper gutted especially since the interior was mint and all the foam had been replaced and the seats were immaculate.

So this happened on a friday night and after a few phone calls and txts on the Saturday a deal had been made with my mate Josh and i purchased another Rado for £300. Result! Another 2ltr 16v with 92k on the clocks, FVWSH up to 80k then another garage after that. Only downside was the bodywork was nowhere near as good as mine and the front screen was smashed and she been sitting unloved for a year or so.

The Sunday saw me and a couple of mates rip the corrado apart and got her back up and running so i was feeling a bit happier!!

Collected the donor Rado on the Thursday and drove her back from Wakefield no bother at all. The next decision was what exactly to do........ Well mines on 170k and while this is high the bodywork as i said is much better so it was decided mine will be fixed and the other cars was going to help her rise again!!!

So i stripped my corrado totally and cleaned her as best it could be then the repair began!

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdf16012011462.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

Book1.pdf16012011463.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf16012011464.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

ETKA Corrado.pdf17012011468.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf17012011469.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

Corrado92.pdf17012011470.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf17012011473.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf17012011477.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf17012011471.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

19012011480.jpg[/attachment:1lddz0t5]

So then the parts from the other Rado started to go in. The other Cars interior Is grey but it is in good condition and it will do for now

So now we get to the Making 2 Corrados into 1. I feel really bad about this and would love to maybe do something with the other car but i'm not sure whats going to happen. Untill i decide its just going to live locked away in bits. although the donor car has saved mine and a lot of other parts have gone on my mates VR6 so it has help 2 Corrados already!

Wiring wise i was very lucky, only 2 wires were damaged so they were soon cut out and properly replaced. Oh and just on the side of caution i have replaced all of the seatbelts!!

Anyhow on with the pics.....

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf25012011483.jpg[/attachment:3mv4a0r1]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf25012011484.jpg[/attachment

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf

Corrado92.pdf29012011490.jpg[/attachment:3mv4a0r1]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf29012011489.jpg[/attachment:3mv4a0r1]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf29012011493.jpg[/attachment:3mv4a0r1]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf29012011499.jpg[/attachment:3mv4a0r1]

29012011495.jpg[/attachment:3mv4a0r1]

So right now she is all back together but i just need my mate to came and fit the replacement window and shes ready to go back on the road. All in 2 weeks i don't think that is too bad. She drives fine and the only things wrong was the heater dial only worked on 2,3 and4 which i fixed and the rear screen switch bulb has decided to pack up! Oh and in usual Corrado style she has decided to thank me by developing a brake leak from the caliper so thats got to be swapped too!

Was really undecided about the interior and i thing over time it will get put back to how it should be but it looks ok. Noticed a lot of newer cars have black lower and grey top inside so thats ok. First things to source are black seats. But i'm not in any major rush now.

Also decided in the summer the 90k engine is gonna be stripped and checked then she's getting the new heart too.

good to see you have got it sorted mate! must be shit to find that done to your car.. you gonna keep the engine for yours or maybe do something special with it? ;)