Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

mk4 dash conversion

i think the reason i keep contemplating selling my car is because it feels so dated inside, so the solution, change the dash :D

i should imagine there are a couple of people on here who have done the mark 4 dash into a corrado, so im calling on these people to share their information with me...please!

i think the dash will physically fit between the doors, although i suspect the door cards will need modifying to fit. so can snyone give me some advice on what parts they used, especially for the wiring side.

many thanks in advance, Rob

Have a read through Jay Renshaw's Members Gallery thread - would be a good place to start.

i know mr renshaw has done the TT dash, and it looks fantastic.

would love to have a chat with him about it

i wouldnt mind a TT dash myself, just waiting to see what comes around. i think it will more than likely be a golf mk 4 or passat dash as they are easier and cheaper to get hold of.

i think the physical side of the install wont be the hardest part, it will be mating all the electronics with the existing engine and all the existing wiring.

unsure whether it would be better to change the fuseboard to a mk4 board and convert my existing wiring, or keep my board and convert the new dash wiring

sg on here is the guy to speak to, his Mk4 dash conversion is just about finished the last time i checked and was looking very impressive..

It has been done before so it is possible and looks really good but i think i heard before that when changing into 1st 3rd and 5th is a little awkward due to the dash been further forward so it dont leave much room for the fingers.

Like i said only heard so may be wrog....

book of racing drivers excuses:

excuse 112: "I lost time because i couldn't get 3rd gear, the dash was in the way"!!!!

book of racing drivers excuses:

excuse 112: "I lost time because i couldn't get 3rd gear, the dash was in the way"!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: