Sign in to follow this  
swginn

Will Infinity Reference 6x4s fit?

Currently upgrading my speakers as budget allows.... plans are:

1: Upgrade fronts to Infinity Kappa components and upgrade rears to Reference 6x4s. I'm not expecting much bass from this setup I just want to set up a nice sound stage for reasonable

Currently upgrading my speakers as budget allows.... plans are:

1: Upgrade fronts to Infinity Kappa components and upgrade rears to Reference 6x4s. I'm not expecting much bass from this setup I just want to set up a nice sound stage for reasonable €€€€s, I do carry passengers in the back so thats the main reason for the 6x4s which will mainly be used as fill speakers...

2: When funds allow I plan to amp the components and run a nice tidy sub in an Audioscape box just for a bit of bass.

I'd appreciate any opinions/reccomendations on my plans but my main question is:

Will Infinity 6X4s fit in the standard speaker locations? I know I'll have to mod the speaker baskets for the magnets.... but I heard that the holes don't quite match up? Has anybody fitted these successfully and how?? Used the search but no answers??

Want to keep everything as OEM and simple as possible, so don'y want Stealth shelves etc...

I used Lanzar Neos in the rear, they are 6x4 and 100W RMS. Although they are alot more expensive than teh Kappa's, when I wought them they were £110. However not only do they sound very good they fit in with absolutely no modification to the shelf supports with is always good as when you modify them they tend to vibrate as you weaken the structure of them.

On the sub and box subject. If you have the funds I have a modified Audioscape sub box to take the perfect match to your speakers. In the box is an Infinity Perfect 12 Sub. Awesome sub, the box was extended (although has been done to look like it was always done like that!) Yours for £130 inc delivery

Thanks for the advice.... can't really justify spending £110 on 6x4s to be honest but I came across these on the bay, what do ya reckon? Seems like a good price for some decent speakers.... and they should fit too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lanzar-4x6-120W-T ... dZViewItem

Wish I could buy the sub and box from you but there's a few more important things on the list first....

Thanks for the advice.... can't really justify spending £110 on 6x4s to be honest but I came across these on the bay, what do ya reckon? Seems like a good price for some decent speakers.... and they should fit too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lanzar-4x6-120W-T ... dZViewItem

Wish I could buy the sub and box from you but there's a few more important things on the list first....

Mmmmm not sure on them, look a little too small. You need to hear them really. The thing to remember with 6x4's though is they will only ever be fill in speakers. you can only but try them out!

I have a set of Lanzar Neos but currently they are as sold however the buyer was supposed to pick them up last week. Let me check he still wants them and I'll let you know!

Sam

Cheers, let me know about the Neos so..... might try the ones on ebay if they're not available, they're £70 fom caraudiocentre so must be decent enough and at £28 from ebay are cheap as chips. I know they'll only ever be fill speakers... not expecting great things just an improvement and less distortion really.