Sign in to follow this  
Toph

Rad-hoe - lots of pics (Update page 9

Dude, thats one hell of a paint job, I didnt think corrado's where around in the 60's, sure your car didn't go back too the future :lol:

Certainly is one rare Corrado, would be interesting to find out the history behind it?

Had another go with the rear bumper at the weekend and still no joy with the plus gas, so might give you a shout to see if you can help out, Thanks for the offer :)

Dude, thats one hell of a paint job, I didnt think corrado's where around in the 60's, sure your car didn't go back too the future :lol:

Certainly is one rare Corrado, would be interesting to find out the history behind it?

Your telling me mate! As vwdeviant said it's like time team! Instead of digging through layers of dirt to find things, I'm going through layers of paint! :lol: But yeah would love to know if anyone knows the car and more about the reasoning to the mental artwork! Very tempted to send a couple of pic's to PVW and see what happens! :D

It looks like one of those brass rubbings you did as a kid on school trips!

Hell yeah! My dad's convinced that there's something on the other rear side of the car, but I'm not so sure! :lol:

Had another go with the rear bumper at the weekend and still no joy with the plus gas, so might give you a shout to see if you can help out, Thanks for the offer :)

Yeah mate for sure, anytime! Will PM you my mobile number n you can drop me a text or sumit, and get that bumper off (fingers crossed)!

The guy who was meant to be spraying the Raddo isn't back from his holidays till Monday, so am now unsure if I'll have it back in time to bring it over to Edition as it'll be cutting it very fine! :( But the Vento isn't in too bad a shape so I guess it aint too bad, but the fingers are firmly crossed!

Didn't do too much to the Raddo last night as I had other work to sort out. Just got the ariel removed. And just like the rest of the car, it looks like it was never removed when being sprayed as there's quite a build up paint round it. Think the next main thing will be to get the wheels off for refurb. A mate has borrowed a couple of my steelies so once his car is MOT'd next week, I'll put the Raddo onto the steelies and the alloys off to NuLuk.

Got the thumbs up from my dad's mate who's doing the respray and minor mod's, just have to finish a couple areas and then it's time to get it to the bodyhop! :D :D Should have it sitting ready for Monday, though got an uber busy weekend with other things!

And while it's away the MIM's will be off to for a refurb!

Have been shifting pics about in my photobucket and have noticed that it's delinked a lot of my pics! Will get that sorted asap!

Coming soon:

- new manifold

- full magnex system

- uprated lighting loom (just arrived)

- coilovers

Car goes to the bodyshop on Monday morning!! Finally! :lol: :lol: And the rims are off to NuLuk for the refurb as well!

Will get more pics up soon! 8)

Man it's been a while since I updated this thread. Well Edition has been and gone and I still don't have the car back or on the road! :lol: :lol: Think I left it like this...

IMG_1369.jpg

Apologies now for double reading for anyone who has seen this project on Edition as well, just am coping across for now just to get it updated as quick as poss as I'm in a rush!

As soon as I got the car to a standard which John was happy to continue with we loaded it onto a trailer and dropped it round to his premises. Once there we had a good look over the body and I told him what I was looking for him to sort out. He was happy enough and was itching to get started, though it was agreed to be done between his 'bread n butter' work, and evening/weekends.

What I want to get from this is people taking a second glance to notice some of the changes, guess time will tell if I'm successful, lol! Is my first proper projct so am finding a lot of this very new and unknown, but bring it on, lol!! Decided to flush the rear badge and corner creases/lines (not too sure of proper term), remove the side repeaters, flushed the front number plate recess, and de-water jet the bonnet.

Pics...

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

Got a text this morning letting me know that the main shell of the car has been sprayed and that the doors and bonnet were being done this morning. So fingers crossed I'll hear more tomorrow, and possibly have it back by the weekend.

Anyways, more pics...

IMG_1472.jpg

Some of the work on the rear arches...

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

Bring on the brown paper...

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

John had a bit of work to do along the front of the roof due to some rust in along the top of the windscreen. Have to say the pics don't do the job justice. Pics...

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

Right finally here's us to the last batch, making this as up-to-date as I can.

mmmmm primmer...

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

Fingers crossed I'll have the car and camera back later this week! 8)

Heading over to the bodyshop in a couple of hours to see it. John has managed to get the body, doors, and bonnet sprayed and buffed. If he has had the time the bumpers might have been done as well. If not the car will be brought home early next week to start refitting it all, while waiting for the rest.

Starting to see light at the end of the tunnel! But then it'll start all again on the interior and engine, lol!!

Will get more pics up this weekend, fingers crossed!

NA fraid not mate! :lol: :lol:

Has been one of them weekends and have been unable to see the car, and is unlikely that I will till Tuesday. But have been sent a pic to my phone and am very happy with what am seeing. If I can get my phone to hook up to this computer, I'll post the pic up!

Got my wheels sorted with some rubber. small stretch on the front and more obvious on the rears! 8)

Sticking with red mate, but a slighty different shade. Decided to go for an Audi red (Brilliant Red). Itching to see it properly tomorrow. Unfortunately I wont have the bumpers quite yet but will be able to crack on with the rest of it.

Should have it back by the end of the week! :D

Sticking with red mate, but a slighty different shade. Decided to go for an Audi red (Brilliant Red). Itching to see it properly tomorrow. Unfortunately I wont have the bumpers quite yet but will be able to crack on with the rest of it.

Should have it back by the end of the week! :D

Cool, subtle, I like that! I bet you can't wait :D

Yeah want it to subtle and same with any of the changes that I've made. Am itching to get it back and onto the roads again. Probably should hold out and not put it out on the road again till about Spring when the weather is better. But seems soooo long since I drove it last and want to give the engine a good run again.

Providing things work out it could be on the road again in a couple of weeks. And then get some pics of it out and about, and some rolling shots!

Some serious work has been put in here, hats off to you, should be a beauty when its all sorted.. Good to have met you at E38 earlier in the year..

Nice! Following this with interest as mine is many shades of red (no funky airbrushing found yet though!!) and I'm hoping to do similar to it!

LOL awesome, I almost bought this valver ;D

Never went to view it though. Nice to see someone putting it back in form

Seriously mate, lol! Was a bit of a trek for it but was good craic!! Yeah initially I was just going to give it some tlc, enjoy it for a bit and then sell it on and go a G60/VR next. But couldn't stick to it and a lot more has been done to it, with more to come, lol!

Some serious work has been put in here, hats off to you, should be a beauty when its all sorted.. Good to have met you at E38 earlier in the year..

Yeah mate was good to meet someone from here. Your motor was looking schweet that weekend!!

Should have walked the Corrado's more when at Edition but was just blown away by the experience and never knew where to be next. :lol: There has been a right bit of work done so far, but have loved every minute of it so far. Seriously itching to get it back later this week. Just waiting for the window guy to call by, fit the new windscreen and the rear window, and then it can come home (after John buffs it again). Will have it with me at Edition next year, and hoping to make it over to more shows this year with it!

Nice! Following this with interest as mine is many shades of red (no funky airbrushing found yet though!!) and I'm hoping to do similar to it!

Ya got to love the multi shades of red they seem to gather, lol. I had a flip to mine with largish flake in it. Have to say it looked really well in places but it was shockingly bad on the front bumper where it near flipped to a yellow! :? But was sent a pic to my phone of it's sitting at the moment and it looks soooo nice no it's sprayed (well as best as it can on the scrappy steelies, lol). Heading over tonight so will take the laptop with me and down load the latest batch of pics, get them edited and posted asap. 8)

Well I finally got over to see the car! :lol:

Unfortunately the light was fading when I got to see the car but am loving it so far, just didn't get to see the colour at it's strongest. Still some more buffing to do and the windows to fit but my word it looks totally different. All being well the guy should be out tomorrow/Thursday to fit the windows and it should be then ready for me to collect on Friday evening, Saturday morning!

Was shocked how the new paint makes the rubbers and trim look really rough and bad, and how it's going to be important that i replace what I can't bring back to a decent/high finish. Be worth it though.

Didn't take any pics of the car sitting outside the bodyshop tonight but will obviously get some when over collecting it.

These are of it in the spray booth getting painted and lacquered up. Have also included some from when I took a wheel over to have a sneak peek of it on. Though to be fair I don't know why I bothered as there was no tyre on and the car was jacked, lol! But we did find out that I had ordered the right H&R kit!!

Anyways pics...

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

and the one thing that's really going to miss my Corrado when it leaves the b'shop... their cat! It seems to have adopted it as it's bed!

IMG_1497.jpg

back to paint...

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

the cat was even there to make sure that it's bed was sprayed to an acceptable standard...

IMG_1502.jpg

Good progress fella 8) Looking forward to seeing this out and about, which shouldn't be too hard as I've moved to Dromore now mate, still no progress with mine though with all the moving. Wish I could find the enthusiasim you seem to have to get jobs done, but you'll be the one with the big smile on your face come Saturday.

Good progress fella 8) Looking forward to seeing this out and about, which shouldn't be too hard as I've moved to Dromore now mate, still no progress with mine though with all the moving. Wish I could find the enthusiasim you seem to have to get jobs done, but you'll be the one with the big smile on your face come Saturday.

Cheers mate. Everyone is saying the same and I keep agreeing with them as I'm keen too! :lol:

Dromore, excellent, 10 mins away, ha! WELL guess its meant to be at least 15 but ya know how it goes! :lol: :lol: So even handier if I run into any issues and I guess that goes the other way as well. There's been the usual highs n lows as to be expected with a project but yeah is all good right now, and may it continue. Hoping to tax it from the end of the month so will def bring it up your way mate. But unfortunately we're photographing at Kirkistown on Saturday so wont be getting the car till Monday now. :( A bit annoyed but is one of them things. Been given space in the garage so have to return the gesture with helping out.

But big smile on Monday though!! :D

Just a quick update...

Well we have the rear window fitted and the front was meant to go in as well but they found out that a part was missing. They were missing the strip which runs along the top of the windscreen. So after a couple of frantic phone calls I got the local VW garage to order it up. So all being well it will be with the guys today and fitted.

Think John wanted to give it a good buff again once the glass is fitted, so there could be a very good chance of it finally being ready for collection this weekend.

Am hoping to get the rest of the exterior trim ordered up tomorrow and something sorted in the pipeline for an exhaust, lol!

Fraid that's all for now, but will get more up (with pics) soon.

Toph

Well I got word last night that the car is ready to come home tomorrow but unfortunately sods law being as it is I'm flat out and can't get over. :( So it's now DEF coming coming home on Monday! :D Will have to spend a bit of time on Sunday making sure the garage is totally ready for it coming. Can't wait to see it properly now, and to get stuck into getting it back together.

Will get more up after Monday! 8)