Sign in to follow this  
Toph

Rad-hoe - lots of pics (Update page 9

btw, i'm pretty sure those fuel lines you already have are braided, they just have plastic over the top.

But fair play if you want to make the bay all shineee.

thought it would be a shame not to try n tidy the bay up a bit with the rest of the car being a lot fresher now. Wasn't aware about the fuel lines being like that under the plastic. Is all a new game to me mate.

Exhaust finally completley finished :clap: just gathering up bits and pieces to upgrade my Brakes and do a few other small jobs, then mine will be going in for MOT too, going to try to get it moved up to the apartment so i can get working on it a bit more, so hopefully if you call by you can get a gander at mine too :)

Nice one mate! The postman seems to be constantly delivering parts to me these days again, lol! Can't wait to get the exhaust all fitted properly so I can hear it go. Def up for having a good look round yours! You going to Castlewellan this year in July??

You going to Castlewellan this year in July??

Sounds like a good date to get me motivated for, think I will try and aim for end of May MOT and if it's ready for June I'll have done better than expected :lol:

I'll prob end up MOT'n about the same time. In for hopefully better weather! :grin:

Some more progress made over the last couple of weeks. Decided that the original parts of the scuttle panel were looking a bit crap and faded so decided to freshen them up with some satin action. Brought some of the ghetto to it with my spray booth (ala Blue Peter style)...

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

^^^what a pain in the rear to get off but worth it in the long run

IMG_1785.jpg

cometh the booth...

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

and bingo...

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

I also drove across the province to Donegal to meet a guy who is currently breaking 7 Corrado's, for some much needed door trim, original rear lenses, an ariel base and some other parts. Have got the doors built, and make it look a lot better. Will be returning with a bigger shopping list, lol!

Booked the car in to get the exhaust adjusted and fitted properly which will be a big weight off my shoulders as I can then get it away to the mechanics.

Decided that it need to be raised a tad to allow it to clear the ramps onto the lifts etc, and to change my wheels to my old set from the Vento wheels as they aint stretched and to prevent any scuffs.

Some pics from tonight...

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

Right well finally came to the day of rolling the car out of the garage to get the much needed exhaust system sorted and it away to be serviced for a much needed MOT.

Trailed booked for 8.30am on Thursday morning and sun shining all was looking well! :D Whilst my dad was away collecting the trailer I made a final and quick adjustment to the suspension to make sure of clearance. I did take some video footage but at the mo am aving a bit of difficulty uploading them, but will get them posted soon enough! ;)

Rolling the Vento's old shoes...

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

Ready to roll out...

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

And off we went...

IMG_1867.jpg

Headed to a local Powerflow distributor as I knew they were good with adjusting exhaust etc, being ideal to adjust my Magnex to fit. Once there and the car up on the lift, they were very quick to show how low the system was going to sit due to it not being right, and that it wasnt going to be a simple change of the hangers. So after a discussion of options and me not being prepared to continue to hire trailers to move it about, I decided to get them to put one of their systems on.

An hour later the car was ready to roll home. It may have to go back for an additional silencer fitted as the Raddo wasn't running 100% and he couldnt judge the sound 100%. But as along as it gets through MOT am happy enough for now, and a quick run down will soon amend it.

Couple of pics of the new system on...

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

stunning transition mate. Looks perfect

She's lovely :luvlove:

Cheers guys!! :grin:

Get it back today from the mechanics, all serviced and ready for MOT. Just got to do a few more things to it and then we're ready to roll and get the test. Though still got a couple of touch ups to be sorted at the bodyshop so will prob through it in there first. But all in all it shouldnt be much longer before it's up and rolling legally on the road!

Couple of video's of it before and after the exhaust being fitted...

Sounds mental as there aint any system after the Magnex manifold, and also contributing to it not running 100%

Now rolling with Powerflow system. Haven't heard it properly yet as its only going across the road to the mechanics...

Will get more up soon! :grin:

Haven't been on in ages as I've been pretty busy recently earning more money to keep the ball rolling with the project. Have plenty of pics and some info to bring ya's bang up-to-date with whats been happening. Can say now that it will def be at Edition this year and all being well I'll have it looking well enough to put onto the club stand, providing there's still space! :D

Will try and have it reading ok, though will be copy and pasting most of the info so please excuse any mishaps, lol!

Some pics of the recent developments with the car before the MOT...

steerin wheel...

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

team working hard...

IMG_2102.jpg

n yes am actually doing something, lol! N yes officer its my car n my headunit that am tinkering with...

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

oh the mess... :lol:

IMG_2098.jpg

got the scuttle panel from SWG fitted...

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

^^ well pleased with it!!

cheeky reflection shot...

IMG_2101.jpg

quick snap before heading off the test centre...

IMG_2115.jpg

n some from it parked up again in the yard...

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

I think the following pic will sum up my day as a whole...

epic_fail.jpg

Basically things went a bit Pete-Tong last night when I was tidying up after Pete (Project Horizon) kindly helped out with finishing off then car. Before he left I fitted the new replacement bulbs for the passenger side dipped (front n rear) but still no joys with them! I reckon a fuse might have gone or sumit but time was against me sorting it. So plan of action was to blag it if poss at the test centre, lol! :lol: :lol:

As I put the car into the garage I had an issue with the steering wheel n the horn , lol. The new boss and steering wheel was shorting out (or sumit) and basically sounded the horn instantly. That resolved and all was good till i put full lock on n it then beeped, lol. So i had to take it off this morning to sort out. Sorted and the original VR6 wheel back on, I was sorted. But the on the way to the petrol station i notice that the wheel aint 100% lined up, so back to the house for the tools, lol. I kept them in the car and thankfully I did, as I had to sort it again whilst in the que at the test centre! :blink: :p Hardcore! ;)

I aslo was up at Gary's (The Hub) to get the lend of his wing mirrors. A full car park to the appartment and a very shortlty timed safety light meant it was practically impossible to sort. So Gary kindly lent me his car keys so I could return today to remove them. Got there to find his neighbour was parked close and making life very hard to remove the passenger. Drivers off and a lost battle with the other I head back to sort things out.

On arrival to home, I had an idea of fitting the old (shattered) mirror to my proper mirror (drivers side) and sticker a Halfords finest sticky mirror onto it. So I gave that a go and it worked a treat. Thus making the efforts at Gary's kinda pointless (though was good to catch up with him properly again after these years).

... man is an essay :lol: :lol:

Anyways...

I pulled up at the test centre, fairly sure I was going to fail but was happy enough as I knew that I would have a list of problem areas to resolve. So game on!!

Once parked in the que I switched it off and made a phone call, but when I went to move it the bloody thing wouldnt start!! Then after a few mins it turned over and everything seemed good, "Game-on" again! Finally called into building. Emmisons passed, but then started the lights tests. Obviously failed due to the dipped, even though I said it had just happened, lol! :lol: :rolleyes::rolleyes: All that sorted we went to move on and the car wouldnt start AGAIN! The examiner tried several times but no luck.

Commence embarrassment of the highest level! Being pushed out of a test centre backwards n having to jump start the car in reverse!

Test failed and retest booked for next Tuesday! All over again but should be better all being well!

SO yeah there ya go folks, a day in the life of the Toph! A day which made me question the very reason to why the hell am I in this game! But seeing the car parked up in the yard reminds me why! ;) :D B)

I do have some pics and will get the uploaded tonight! (fingers crossed)

So we went back to the drawing board as such, and worked over the car to resolve the issues experienced at the failed test.

Whilst looking over it I mentioned the very heavy throttle and poor response to my dad n we checked the throttle cable to discover this... (cant believe I didn't notice this sooner, doh!)

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

:blink:

Now it's responding perfectly with a new cable fitted!

Well finally a week later I went to the retest and pasted! :clap:

Then last weekend I gave it a pre-Edition run to a mates wedding at the other end of Ireland in Waterford. Over the 500mile weekend the car didn't skip a beat and responded really well as n when as too!

It even drew attention at the wedding in the car park too, lol! Even had cut some onlookers a bit short as the convoy was about to roll out for home!

Ride quality was very good on the FK coils which was perfect as we were badly in bits from the awesome partying the previous night and early morning, lol! Though some minor stops were taken to clear minds etc, and refocus on the trip home! lol

Snatched these pics on the way back up from Waterford! Didn't get arty with them as I was in bits...

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

And then on the way home I had to stop for a quick call of nature, so grabbed another couple of shots...

Thought the name of the town was interesting, lol!

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

:D B)

The car is going back into the garage this weekend to get the sunroof seal fitted (new one) and am already dreading it as am hearing it's a right pain in the ass of a job. Also got to clean up the D90's again, get them fitted, car lowered properly over them (but just high enough to get onto the ferries at the end of the month, lol). N a general clean! N maybe some extra's if i get time to fit them! :wink:

An epic this is turning into!

So what was the nice list Mr MOT-ivator gave you then?

Yeah sure is mate, aint it, lol!

Well to be honest we didn't get beyond the lights and onto the rollers for the brakes or the lifts for checking underneath, lol! Had a fuse out so that resolved the light issues, so that pretty much covered the list, lol! Oh n the new battery.

On the retest there wasn't an issue at all. Rolled through all the tests fine. Though he did worry me at one point as he kept looking at the front wings n I was waiting for him to query why there aint any repeaters, lol. But he called me over n said to take it off the ramps as it was fine. Got the MOT disc off him and then off I went!

Right here's a quick update to bring this thread bang up-to-date before the trip to edition!

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

Oh n a few of final touches and about to head for Cultra to GTINI's meet/show at the Ulster Transport Museum, Cultra! N a massive shout to out to Orla and Pete for their help and Pete's wheels! :wink:

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

Seeing it sitting like this made me finally relax and enjoy the outcome from the last 18 months...

IMG_0731.jpg

Some rolling shots to the show/meet at Cultra on Saturday, taken by a mate Pete (ProjectHorizon)...

ProjectHorizon2of15.jpg

ProjectHorizon3of15.jpg

ProjectHorizon5of15.jpg

ProjectHorizon6of15.jpg

ProjectHorizon8of15.jpg

ProjectHorizon4of15.jpg

and then we called by IKEA on the way back into Belfast...

ProjectHorizon10of15.jpg

ProjectHorizon15of15.jpg

ProjectHorizon11of15.jpg

ProjectHorizon12of15.jpg

Colours seem a bit out on my Mac but still good to see it rolling :wub:

Cheers mate! Was going to put a pic forward but think I'll hold off until after Edition this weekend and see what pics we get.

Good luck with the MOT tomorrow! Be awesome to ave you in the convoy!!

Looks rough on those rims, you should give em to me, look much better on a pearl Grey Car! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing this at the weekend!