Sign in to follow this  
Toph

Rad-hoe - lots of pics (Update page 9

Managed to spend a bit more time on the car. My initial plans were to get the head etc back on and things on track for the manifold etc, but no. Instead I ended up giving the engine a good cleaning as I noticed the shear amount of oily crap built up around everything! So out with the gear and a tooth brush laugh.gif and here's how I got on...

Before rolling it out into the yard

IMG_1630.jpg

now...

IMG_1634.jpg

I didn't spend as much time on areas as I would ideally like but ended up concentrating on getting the red areas minted (still not finished yet though)...

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

Intending on cleaning all the red up as mint as poss over the rest of the week to have the bay in better state for putting back together.

I also managed to get more done on the doors! Only photographed the drivers as it speaks for itself and don't have the door card on the passengers yet, lol!

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

n gave this a bit of a scrub as well, along with the rocker cover (didn't photo it as it didn't come up as well)...

IMG_1626.jpg

Well after saying I'd hold off from fitting a D90 again till the end I managed to be persuaded by a mate punk on messenger!! So we are...

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

8)

IMG_1651.jpg

Well I decided to push on a bit more with cleaning the engine bay as well as I could with out getting it getting properly steam cleaned. So here's more pics of the results of me and a now very grubby tooth brush...

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

close ups...

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

My dad needed/wanted to take his BMW out for a blast and I wanted my bumpers n spoiler out of the back. To be fair they had been in there for about three weeks by then, lol, shocking I know. Just grabbed one pic of the front bumper with its fresh look...

IMG_1666.jpg

Our local club is having a meet on Easter weekend n the guys were taking the piss out of me that I wont have the Raddo ready. N one of them suggested rope n a horse to pull it there. So i couldn't resist taking a couple of minutes in work and literally threw this together...

Raddo-n-Cart.jpg

Due to some more unforseen hold ups its looking more n more unlikely that it will be there! :( More on that shortly!

Right with certain demands from the likes of mk3rob (off Edition) to have it over and sitting in the carpark at UD and that local meet coming up it was time to pull the finger out again!

Booked a Friday off work as a mate had offered his skills and time for the day to get a load done! The planned agenda is to get the exhaust n manifold (finally) on, coilovers, and rebuild n fit the bumpers. So last night Chunk called round to make sure we hada everything needed for the days graft. But instead decided to get started there n then. Not going to say no I agreed, n the work began on the suspension. Will admit now that he did most of the hard work as there was no space n he was happy enough! laugh.gif

El Tanko aka Chunk will kill me for posting this but thought i was worth it, lol

_MG_6955.jpg

N now for some progress...

_MG_6953.jpg

n my dad was keen to see our use of his freshly built work bench area n my granda's old skool vice! N he already knows the score, Audi badge on notice board, lol! :D

_MG_6956.jpg

Oh n couldn't resist throwing a front D90 on for good measure...

_MG_6958.jpg

_MG_6957.jpg

_MG_6959.jpg

8)

_MG_6960.jpg

The it was sitting up on axle stands with the head going back on so that we could get stuck in right away first thing Friday morning.

Another from the suspension going in...

_MG_6954.jpg

Sorted the heat shield out, as it got abused a bit when the old system came off. All being well when I get home from work the head will be going back on and sorted for a fresh start tomorrow. No doubt there'll be some issues tomorrow to slow us down but fingers are crossed that they'll be minimal!

Got a lot done on the Friday but had a disastrous start with finding out that the manifold which I got didn't fit after all, even with being informed it would, and then the Magnex system (back box) didn't line up properly which will be more obvious in the pic's. :(

So we just turned our attentions to getting the rest of the suspension fitted, the bumpers rebuilt and fitted, and the wheels on all four corners. Had to run one of the 90's round to my makes tire place to get it re balanced.

After a long days work we had it all done and fitted, and have to say it's made a MASSIVE difference to the car. Am well chuffed!!

Here's how's looking after the work...

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

Still to properly go round and adjust the ride height and dampening but that can be done soon enough when the car is properly running.

n my dad was keen to see our use of his freshly built work bench area n my granda's old skool vice! N he already knows the score, Audi badge on notice board, lol! :D

_MG_6956.jpg

No spring compressors! :shock: :shock: :shock:

your old man is hardcore.

Yeah so there we are folks! Bit of a pic fest really and am sorry for it not reading right as a lot was just copy n pasted in.

Got my new roof strips last night so am well chuffed there, though costly enough, but a vital part! Hope to get some new stripping for the sunroof in the next day or so, n get that off the list.

Time permitting me n my dad are planning to tackle the rear spoiler, as am sure it could prove emotional refitting it in, lol.

Have bought another manifold and hope to have it early next week.

N Chunko has offered another day off work next week so we can get her sitting ready to roll.

Toph

_MG_6956.jpg

No spring compressors! :shock: :shock: :shock:

your old man is hardcore.

The suspension was F**ked they just came off, lol! But he is hardcore for sures! Plays by the old skool rules!!!! :D

Well again its been a bit since my last update.

Took a bit of downer on moral with the car so walked away from it and didnt touch it for about a month.

Been tinkering at the car, and trying to keep moral up as the manifold/exhaust issue is still unresolved, MOT is now out-of-date and need to get it back to the bodyshop for some touching up with bits that I aint totally happy with.

Anyways here's a couple more pics (not quite sharp, sorry), mainly of how the front bumper is looking...

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

and a nice moody shot...

IMG_1717.jpg

Came home to find my dad tinkering at the car. He's recently finished tidying/rebuilding his Hillclimb car (which may be in the background of some pics) and got itchy feet and need something to be tinkering at. So was determined to get the new manifold to fit. With some force and clever thinking he had it on and was tightening the bolts when I got home from work. :p :P

Needless to say I took some photo's of his handy work...

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

This means full steam ahead now to get the rest of the engine back on and her fired up! The exhaust isn't lining up 100% due to having the wrong hangers (pre/facelift being different) so will be next on the list with that. If I have to drive it onto a trailer and tow it to local workshop and get it adjusted then thats how it'll be resolved, lol. N then back to the bodyshop for some amending in places while I got the trailer!

Anyways... Decided to have a tinker at the steering wheel and to fit the new MOMO one but found out that the boss which I bought doesn't fit (not much luck) so new one it is then. Some pics...

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

Two random pics taken whilst at the car...

IMG_1747.jpg

N the wheel sitting inside the new dishes for the new wheels for the new daily hack! A lot of news I know, lol! :p ;) :lol:

IMG_1746.jpg

Finally got some time to myself and down-loaded the latest batch of progress pics...

Rocker cover finally back on, and looking much better after several soaks of degreaser and some elbow grease. To be fair it could still come up a lot better but another time for now!

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

The on Saturday when I arrived home with the folks after my dads first Sprint of the season, I was greated with this box... :D

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

Needless to say it wasn't long before I had it in the garage and it opened n a quick trial fit! Have to say I'm pretty happy with it, be better once properly on. Impressed with SWG's service aswell (Cheers guys!!).

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

A mate offered his assistance the other night to help get things up n running properly. So picked him up on the way home from work and on arriving I discover my dad washing evidence off his hands from working at the engine. To my joys he had got bored and decided to finish the engine. On expection I placed my hand on the top n felt that it was warm. Instantly a big grin appeared on my face when I realised that the Raddo was alive again!!! :D :D

Anyways more pics...

IMG_1767.jpg

Am fairly pleased with how I've got the engine and bay looking considering the age of varying aspects. Hopefully get it tidied up a bit more to make it worth lifting the bonnet. Hopefully purchasing braided fuel lines (cheers Rojocho) will help! They arrived this yesterdat morning...

IMG_1776.jpg

After the excitement of knowing that the Raddo is working we refitted the spoiler and is working spot on.

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

All being well a good weekend at the car would see most of it sorted and it ready to leave the garage to see the rest of the exhaust system fitted and it over to the mechanic for a good servicing so that I can get it MOT'd!!

That's pretty much it bang up-to-date. There are more n more things which are bugging me but will address them over time! Important to get it running and on the road again!

More things in the post as per usual so will have more updates soon!

Toph, i have just been reading the entire thread from the beginning - can i ask a quick question - do you want to tackle my rado 8)

but seriously, its looking pretty good so far, you coming to germany with us??

Good to see this progressing again, when you get it MOT'd be sure to give me a bell and take her a run up the A1 so I can get a proper look and a bit of a chat, although I am sure there are a few others waiting in that queue before me :lol:

Update on Page 12 huh.... you sure about that? :dorky:

AHHHH no way!! Holding head in shame! :brickwall: Was copying my updates over from E38 and obviously went about 6 pages too far, lol! My bad! ;)

Toph, i have just been reading the entire thread from the beginning - can i ask a quick question - do you want to tackle my rado 8)

but seriously, its looking pretty good so far, you coming to germany with us??

Mate wouldn't be a problem if the price is right, lol! Though it could get very emotional if I told the folks that I was bringing another motor into their yard, lol.

But as you say, on a more serious note... Germany? Haven't been on the forum in ages, can thank Goldie for chasing me back on, so don't know anything about this. Will go and investigate it and see what the craic is! If feasible I could be very interested indeed!

Good to see this progressing again, when you get it MOT'd be sure to give me a bell and take her a run up the A1 so I can get a proper look and a bit of a chat, although I am sure there are a few others waiting in that queue before me :lol:

Certainly will mate! It'll need a good blast up the A1 to blow the cobwebs out! ;) So it would be rude not call by!

How you getting on with yours??

btw, i'm pretty sure those fuel lines you already have are braided, they just have plastic over the top.

But fair play if you want to make the bay all shineee.

Certainly will mate! It'll need a good blast up the A1 to blow the cobwebs out! ;) So it would be rude not call by!

How you getting on with yours??

Exhaust finally completley finished :clap: just gathering up bits and pieces to upgrade my Brakes and do a few other small jobs, then mine will be going in for MOT too, going to try to get it moved up to the apartment so i can get working on it a bit more, so hopefully if you call by you can get a gander at mine too :)