Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Ahh feck, been stitched up

bought a set of VR speedlines a couple of weeks back, took them to local tyre place to have tyres taken off, when i go to collect them they show me various damage to 3 of the rims, making them unusable, 1 has a flat spot, 1 has cracks another has been welded up before

so i've paid £60 for 1 wheel in reality :( and it needs a major refurb

Back to the seller to ask for a refund? Not fit for purpose.....

sadly if they are not New, caveat emptor applies unless some warrenty is given

Back to the seller to ask for a refund? Not fit for purpose.....

sadly if they are not New, caveat emptor applies unless some warrenty is given

Surely its false advertising? But then I suppose you have to prove the seller knew they were defective.

Caveat emptor...

Hello Caeser's woken up! :lol:

Ceaser? how's that? I haven't shagged my mother ???

they were on ebay, i mailed the seller, he just said he didn't know and that the place he took car to must of done it?

pretty annoyed, not because of the money, although its £60 wasted, paid the garage a fiver to take tyres off, but now i have wheels that are no good to get rid of

this is the 2nd time i've done this now, i did ask the seller if they were 100% ok and just cosmetic stuff he said yes, i also made a point of saying i've bought buggered wheels before and not found out till the garage puts them on a machine :(

in the past i've bought some aftermarket 5 spokes (porsche rep's) for £250 and one had a flat spot and another the spoke had been smashed and welded/fillered together :lol:

i give up!!

To be honest with you I think reasonable Speedlines still make anything from £25-£50 per wheel so one way to look at it is to say you've spent £60 for one decent rim but it was worth the gamble that the whole lot would be ok.

Another way to look at it is that even if you pay £50 per corner, that's still a helluva lot cheaper than most aftermarket rims. My compomotives are nothing flashy (more functional than flash to be frank) and those are £210 a corner and not even split rims.

Try to take heart :)

Mate - scrap metal is worth loads at the moment, 4 wheels = £40 ish if you need to get some cash back, then try and get the rest out of the seller!

i've had issues before and if paid by paypal, they have adjudicated the case and refunded my paypal account - i'm sure you've got recourse if they were sold as 100%

...I have found the threat of negative feedback works well sometimes...worth a try. After all, if he was a decent guy, he'd not want to do you over for the sake of £60.

Or has been suggested, sell for scrap then recoup the difference from the seller. Apart from the money, its the hassle of these things. :(

As some1 has already suggested good speedlines go for around £40 to £50, just keep an eye out for the odd alloys selling on its own or in pairs, still a pain in the arse but always look at the better side of it?