Sign in to follow this  
Squire

Electric Window Fault

Hope this isn't naughty posting on the Corrado forum, but i have a question about my mk3 golf gti 16v. I do own a Corrado too though! Just as im getting a few niggly probs with the C (slowly getting around to fixing one by one), the golf decides to join the party!

The problem is this: the front passenger window does go up and down, but in stages. I press the button to drop the window and it goes down but then stops, i press the button again and it continues down but stops again. On average it takes about 6 or 7 clicks of the button to get the window down. Roughly the same on the way up too. It doesnt matter if i hold the button in or let the "one touch" feature do its work. It just stops at a random place.

This happens when i press the button for the passenger window on the passenger door, or using the 2 button driver side button for the passenger window.

I have the door card off and have tried re-aligning the window. Still no difference. I also un-clamped the window and let the mechanism move freely without weight - still had the same problem. The window runners are greased up with no obstruction. The motor also doesn't sound like its struggling. I doubt its a fuse too otherwise the window wouldn't work at all right?

So any idea? please...! (is this the bit where you say bugger off and post on clubgti.com?!!!)

Cheers guys

have you checked for any loose connections in the wiring that may be getting disturbed when the window moves?

might be a broken wire etc?