Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

16v mods

Hello all

Most of you know me im running a 2050cc 16v 9A engine which is producing 189 bhp on ripped engine and gearbox mounts and ive been told its prob about 192-194 bhp at the most.

Personally i think its producing some nice power :D but i know there is more to be realised but still keeping the car driverable i.e torque etc

The main bit is the inlet as ive already sorted out the ehuast manifold and down pipe.

There is a very interesting thread on vwvortex 16v forum (i would post the link but work blocks out vwvortex :mad: ) about the inlet.

First of all it states that the volume size of the inlet should be 75% of your engine size volume and also when this guy open up his inlet (he used the top part of the 42mm and the middle part of thge 50mm inlet) he found alot of cast little blocks that can be grinde out or ported.

Its very interesting read especially discussing the twin butterfly design over one butterfly option on the throttle bodies.

So the question i post out to you tech guys is it true about the 75% inlet volume??

Also a idea ive had is adding a secound or larger throotle body that open up only at full throotle to be able get more air in quickly very similar in principle those performance design inlet system for vr's that have the flap inside

thank in advance for any comments and any disscussion is welcome.