Sign in to follow this  
Yozza

exhaust hangers

Hi,

I recently had the C serviced and while in the pit I noticed that the rubber hangers that hold the exhaust up are on ther verge of snapping (not the ones near the rear, but the next one in).

The exhaust is a stainless with a twisted hook to connect to the hangers.

Can anyone recommend hangers to get, or should I just get standard ones from Halfords/Stealers?

I've heard about ones with chain inside. Are they worth the extra price?

Ta,

Yozza

Your local GSF will have the correct type usually in stock too, can't remember how much they are but it's only pence. I always struggle to find them anywhere else!

They also do reinforced hangers. C and R do some with chains in them which are very good but a bit more expensive.

Yozza,

I was about to post about exhaust hangers as well

Could you do us a favour and take a picture of the exhaust hanger you get from GSF. The reason being, the rubber on mine broke (or was just cut when fitted) and made a nice smell as it melted away against my exhaust. I went to get a replacement from VW, however the part they got in is orientated 90 degrees out and will not work with my exhaust. I have a Jetex exhaust and I'm not sure if it

Nay bother,

I'll try and get down there this weekend, or if not get it sent by Monday and I'll post a picture up.

I'm getting the ones from the VW dealer as they're local pickup and still cheap (£1.66). I need to get some bits for a Polo as well, so I had to pop into VW on Monday anyway.

I can stick a picture up if you like, but I guess it'll just be the same as the ones you've got.

The hanger I needed was a rubber mounted onto a bar and bracket, coming in at around £12. It was just that the hole in the rubber was 90 degress out from the one I had.

So sounds like the one you getting is different. cheers for the offer anyway, I'll contact Jetex.

Al