Sign in to follow this  
cata

I need advice so I can cut my new CF hood.

I just found this in the mailbox today,

DCAM0413.jpg

...but it doesn't have the holes for the washer nozzles pre-cut. Can any of you guys recommend the best way to do it? I don't know if there are things that I should watch out for when cutting through fiberglass bonded to carbon fiber but any sort of advice will help right now. I need to do this in order to pass a comprehensive inspection.

Oh, and I'm not giving this to a body shop. Can't be trowing money away. :lol:

Have you thought about moving the washer jets on to the wiper arms? Where did you get the bonnet from and whats the finsh like on the underneath of the bonnet?

Was discussing that mod a while back and all! Get down to a scrappies and get the washer jets off the wiper arms on a Peugeot 405 or the likes!

Would be a simple enough mod to fit them onto the Corrado wiper arms, and gives you a much nicer even spread of washer fluid than the bonnet mounted jets would give you! 8)

Cheers for the responses, since I live in Canada I have no access to broken down Peugeots. Would anyone mind posting a link where I could possibly buy a kit like this?

The hood was hand made by a guy in Canada and it cost 550CAD to make and then 120 to ship it a fair amount of distance. The quality is close to flawless, he did make a small mistake that only I would notice but other than that it looks perfect. It's got rolled edges too.

Well, cutting up the plastic scuttle tray panel worked perfect. It's aged and nasty-looking so I took a hack saw to it and then mounted the washers on there with some glue. It works just like before and I didn't loose the heated washer jets in exchange for some after-market ones.

Keep in mind that three tiny little chunks of the scuttle panel itself (metal) had to be cut out as well in order to channel things properly.

if any local motor factors are near you look up the Valeo VM10 they are the front wipers for the 405 and come with the washer bars in the box, i had to get these when i had the washer jets smoothed out of my current car. all i had to do was run the piping to the new location up the washer arms and hey presto :), btw these wipers are about £10 each and it was quite a bummer when all i did was take the washer bars off and bin the blades cause they were totally the wrong size lol :s

That would have been a much easier option but not very practical because I wanted to still have heated washers. That's all because of the washer nozzle itself, it's not the washer bottle that's heated.