Sign in to follow this  
Lee1873

master cylinder woes

hey folks, 1st post here so go easy, ive recently bought a 95 16v corrado & am having an absolute mare trying to get the right master cylinder for the car,

my brakes are seriously spongy & it needs changing as a matter of urgency, trouble is i cant find the right one to fit my car, went to the motor factors 1st as you do & was given a master cyl. for a 95 corrado 16v, gets home & goes to check the cylinder currently on the car to ensure the right part was supplied, clearly it wasnt, so after another 30 mins or so & 1/2 a dozen hydraulic part books come to conclusion is defo the right part for the car as listed in every book, so...off to the dealers i trot, master cylinder for a corrado please 95 16v, no problem sir that will be here for you tommorow, gets home with the dealer supplied part & again goes under bonnet to check if its a fit this time & again no joy, anyone had this bother with there M.C.? mines seems to have the brake lines running to it underneath rather than top left or right & it bolts to the servo @ an angle instead of from what i can make out horizontally if anyone can understand what i mean

could anyone take a pic of there M.C. in situ if they have a 2.016v or point me in the direction of a pic of 1 close up?

cheers

Lee

welcome to the forum lee.

get some pics on here and we'll be able to help out quicker. does the car have abs.?

if not a 22mm mc -should- be the one. from euro car parts under £40

Cheers mate, yep car does have abs unfortunately, im gonna go out today & see if i can find a part no. on the M.C. as ive now been supplied 2 identical 1s which are meant to fit my car which clearly wont without some major brake pipe surgery, ive got a sinking feeling somebody has fitted the wrong servo or M.C. to my car which in itself wont be too bad as long as i can find a part no. on it without removing it from the car(its my only mode of transport just now)

cheers

Lee

Right then managed to get a better look @ the M.C. on my car today which i think has proved successful(touches wood)

I "think" the part no. for the 1 fitted to my car is as follows...358 611 019 D...the 1 i was supplied via both the dealer & an independant motor factor has this vw part no.....357 611 019 B...........now its still might not be correct but im just guessing by looking @ the illustrations in a "certain parts suite" & comparing how my M.C. physically looks.......dont know how/why mines would be different to the norm would love if somebody could enlighten me

fingers well & truly crossed

cheers

Lee

Yep, the D part is the 23.81mm MC for RHD cars with the ATE ABS system...

And the B part is the 22mm master cyl for all non ABS cars

Go and shout at the dealer!

F**k Me! they want over £200+vat @ the dealer for the correct master cylinder for my car & i cant find 1 anywhere else,

anyone got any ideas?

cheers

Lee