Sign in to follow this  
G60-Dan

Dump valve on my G60?

Hi newbie here, I bought my first G60 a week ago. :D I've got a few bits to sort out so i'm going to need you guys. First off, it's been fitted with a dump valve. Should i get rid ???

Is it def a dump valve and not the boost return removed as this will give a dump valve like sound if so?

If its a dump valve yes remove it as it can shock the charger iv heard.

It's def a dump valve. All my turbo addicted mate's say it wont hurt but then i thought i dont no any chargers running with a dump valve.

Its better to be safe then sorry and chuck it out!

Cheers :)

Like i said if you like the dump valve noise then get rid of the boost return, comes off the botom of the throttle body and goes into the right of the charger on top. Remove that pipe and blank off the charger, bit more involved but not more than an hours worth i should imagine, i never done this so dont know the ins and outs but some 1 will be along to explain better soon enough.

Its not really the sound i want.

The guy i bought it from just wanted something to show off in. he put the wrong back box on to make it louder. The front discs are to small so the top of the pads are not touching, and he put the dump valve on to draw attention.

He really had no appreciation for dubs...