Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Jules' 16V Rado

The car goes to the paint shop tomorrow and the roof/sunroof was not on the list for paint so what goes and happens the night before???? This....

0011.jpg

When we were looking at the sunroof problem, this happened when it eventually did slide back. However it was my husband who pressed the button so he must take the blame for this lol, and needless to say it has been noted at the back of my mind, for casting up in the future lol :)

Roof is now included in paint job!

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, How much are you paying for the paint job? I've got a 1.8 16v in need of alot of TLC but until next year don't have enough funds to do much to it. Will post some pictures this weekend...

Stefan

It's a friend who is painting it so I'm getting a good price but if I was going elsewhere it would be probably be at LEAST £1000 for a decent respray.

Is the paintwork bad on it?

I paid £800 for a full respray 6 years ago and at the time that was a good quality job but there were no dents to be fixed, only about one inch square of rust, it was just covered in swirl marks and scratches from the previous owner putting it through the car wash. Its just been unfortunate that one bit of rust has came through and other people have dented the car, or it would still be okay.

The car was dropped off at the paint shop today with every dent and scratch circled on it. I am a bit of a perfectionist and is why I'm so fussy about who I would let paint it. :)

I've seen worse, it was resprayed about 7 years ago so from the distance it looks nice. But I keep finding scratches and cracks in the paintwork.

I could get it done in Poland (being half Polish) for a half the price of what I would be paying here. A friend had some work done on his Golf over there and it looked like it had come off the production line it was so good...

Will post some pics....

After returning from a great weekend at E38, and bringing back some goodies for the car it was time to nip down to the paint shop to see the progress.

Badly dented drivers door now fixed

0004.jpg

0008.jpg

0003.jpg

0009.jpg

Glad to say the rust has been dealt with on the rear arch and also another bit which was found after the bumper was removed.

0010.jpg

And some top stop to help smooth out the ripples and small dings

0002.jpg

Short term pain Long term gain Jules,

Glad its coming together from a few months ago.

Our old lady has its MOT this month.

Subframes are now in the back of me head..

Well good luck with the MOT Roy!

Hope your subframe is okay, but if not and your struggling to find a second hand one, let me know and I will give you the contact details for the guy I got mine from. Delivered next day, good price, and still attached was the anti-roll bar, drop links and engine mount. Used everything except the engine mount :)

Well today the car seen its first coats of paint :D

After 5 coats of paint.....

002500.jpg

002800.jpg

Davie at work 8)

002900.jpg

And after 3 coats of lacquer

003700.jpg

004000.jpg

The excitement has now kicked in at the thought of getting it back soon! So glad now that I decided to spend the money on it rather than sell it. I would have been gutted to see it pass me on the road with someone else driving it.....it is after all now part of the family lol

Shouldn't be long now. Hopefully the doors and things will get put back together tonight. I'm not rushing anything though so that its done right....you will no doubt see it when its back home :)

hey jules,the pics of the spray job look minted.good to see sum1 spunking lots of dough on an already nice looking car.i just took the plunge and bought a 90 16valver maybe 2 months ago and even tho i run a big end and had to replace the engine within 3wks i dont care,its more than worth the hassle.love ur wheels(the ones ur replacing),r they BBS RKs? id b interested if u were getting rid

hi nicky, the wheels on the car at the moment are Lenso. They are need of a refurb and the plan was to keep them as a winter wheel now.

The new wheels will only be on the car for a few weeks and then the Lenso's will go back on for the winter.. which is the reason why I can't sell them right now...I would consider a swap though

Get sum pics up of your new Corrado :)

not very computer minded me,would have 2c a mate who knows what hes doin b4 i could put pics on.at the moment my c just has 15inch 5 spokes that came with the car and im pretty sure one has had a scud on the inside so prob wont be any good.was gonna maybe just go for 16s to start off with,always think 17s make them sit 2 high so im very interested to see how ur new wheels look.was wondering if theres many Cs around ur way,im from fife and ive only seen maybe 3?

yeah there are a few through this way, but very rarely pass them on the road.

I know what your saying about the 17's. I have trial fitted them and was quite surprised at how much the car lifted. There isnt much room at all once they're on so lowering it a bit more isnt an option.

I was happy with the height it sat with the 16's but the 17's defo fill the arch better. If the RH's came in 16's I would have opted for those but infortunately they don't.

Thats good news, you will be happy with that....subframe okay then?

I got the car back 2 nights ago and it rained all last night so didnt get the chance to do any work on it. Most things have been put back together, just need to give the interior a good clean out now. So my job for the weekend is to wash it and clean the interior. Hopefully will have the wheels on and the rest completed over the next couple of days and then will post some pics up.

Off to buy new sponges, shampoo and chamois etc :D

Hi there,being a fellow Corrado owner from good ol' Wishaw I'd kinda wondered why I hadn't seen the car around. You'll be dying to get it back on the road.I'm sure the car will be lookin good when its done. Crackin wheel choice by the way! (does my memory serve me correct in that this car was in the Daily Record?)

Hey its always good to find another Corrado owner in the area!

yeah that was my car in the Daily Record back in 2002! That's cool that you remembered lol ! What is it you're driving? I have seen a couple in the passing, but not sure if any were you or not.

The car is back in the road now and chuffed with it. It is not 100% finished but getting there. Very happy now that the wheels are on though....pics to follow :D

My current car is nicknamed the "Wes-mobile" it can be seen in the members area("Corrado number 2"). I almost bought another yesterday...a dragon green H reg that needs TLC but with my own blue one and the motorbike I have no room for it :( Dirt cheap it was too!!!

My old car lives in Netherton now. White with 6 spokes on an H-reg. My friend bought it from me and incidentally his bro has a LHD VR6 german import which is very neat. Its funny when I go visit, the whole street looks out at the 3 corrado's parked up :) I'm gonna get some pics of the old car up too. I'll keep my eyes open for your car on the road.

Cheers

Simon

Your friend passes by my house all the time in your old Corrado. Will keep a look out for you!

Well here are pics taken from today. The wheels fit fine with only slight tyre rubbing on full lock , which was the same with the 16's so I'm happy with that.

I was a bit worried about how much the car would lift with the 17's but I think it is fine, and seeing the car driving on the road , I think they look just the right size for the car :)

Still to get new exhaust fitted, change back lights to all red, and sort out a few other bits and pieces.....

Would appreciate your opinions so far??

0045.jpg

00430.jpg

0007-2.jpg

0046.jpg

0024.jpg

0039.jpg

That is looking very nice. Good work!

Other than Simons, yours, mine and my brothers I think I know of one other Corrado in Wishae. I don't think they post on the forum though.

Thanks guys :)

To look at the pics of before and after, it might not look as though there has been much done apart from new wheels but the bodywork is a huge difference with the new respray.

Also its good to get the wee niggly things sorted out...like the heater only working on 4, which I managed to fix yesterday (which both amused and impressed my husband lol) So we are all set for the winter!

Impressed! The wheels are very smart....so difficult to get the right look on a corrado I think. I have an idea up my sleeve for wheels but its gonna need some of my engineering prowess to get em on............So it'll prob never get past the photoshop stage then!

looking very smart... could do with a petrol cap though :lol: (sorry!) looks very sweet on those wheels and its sitting just right 8) i love the way that 17's work so well with the curve of the arch... when its lowered right it looks like they're all concentric circles, like you say really fits witht he shape of the car!