Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Jules' 16V Rado

Petrol cap is still at the bodyshop lol. should get it back 2nite :)

I like the look of the 17's on the car, but still to decide if I like the handling in comparison to the 16's.

Drove the car for the first time today since June so still getting used to it again.

Raging too cos its raining! was out wiping the wheels at 7.30am, yes, sad I know, but just glad its the stainless steel rim incase the salt starts appearing on the road before I change them for the winter!

Just noticed today that there is slight rubbing on the very edge of the tyres off the rear arches. Nothing major but enough to have to make an adjustment. Not gonna lift the car though, so its gonna have to be slight arch work.

It is also MOT day today and I'm hoping for no surprises!!

Good luck with the MOT. I had mine last week and only failed on a brake hose. I was really happy with that considering its a 16 year old 160k mile car.

Woo Hoo! It passed :)

It went this morning, as I thought it would be a good idea to have the new exhaust fitted first cos it would just have failed because of it.

It had a custom stainless on it which was fitted about 6 years ago and is now ready for the bin. The baffles were gone in the middle section and there was also a hole near the tailpipes. It is shocking to see how bad it is now thats it off the car.

The company that made it is no longer in business which is no surprise, so I now have a Powerflow system fitted which sounds nice. Not too loud but nice sound when you put the foot down, and the single oval looks better too.

Next job is to sort out the rear In-pro lights which have gone all nasty looking around the silver bits!! Rather than paint the original VW lights, I am keeping the crystals on and will paint them all red.

New pics to follow once wee bits have been done :) :)

does look very nice, and imo will look spot on with all red rears on it. im currently running smoked lights on mine at the mo but bought another set of original lights the other day and will shortly be commencing work on them to make them all red. look forward to seeing the all reds on urs

Thanks guys :)

The car hasn't let me down in the 9yrs I've had it so it deserves the pampering lol

The next thing to get done is probably the suspension(coilovers), but I've yet to decide on what to go for. So any suggestions??

I was offered FK Konigsports for £100 at the weekend...as I tightened the bolts on my newly fitted Koni Suspension!!!! They are from a friend who has broken a car up. Not sure of age/ condition but one needs an insert. The cheapskate in me tells me thats a bargain but tbh, the Mk1 Golf I almost bought in June had AVO stuff and handled amazingly!!! Suspension is a funny thing- finding a balance between looks and handling is difficult then you have the added problems of wheel clearance etc etc. Good Luck. I'm sure the car'll still look magic. 'MON THE WISHY CORRADOS

So your car will be sitting nice with the new suspension I imagine...will see it on Sunday if your taking it to the show.

We removed a set of FK coilovers from the mk4 not long ago and they practically fell to bits. They were only on the car 18 months and a friend wanted them, but they were only fit for the bin, so thats kinda put me off FK's. The Koni's I think might be an option. Let me know how you find them?

It's weird because the front of the car is now sitting lower than before and I have moved up a size in wheel. Not sure if its because the car was sitting nose to the sky with the engine out for so long and then once the weight was put back on the springs they had lost tension a bit ?? :roll: A bit worrying though cos I will soon need to put the 16's back on for the winter, so I would take something second hand to get me through the winter if need be.

jules im liking the car lots did u manage to get 4 stud in the end as i have 4stud ZW1's on my G (sorry edit just seen the wheels dont know how i missed em)

im wanting to go 9's all round now though and have ordered some 9" dishes so i hope they'll fit

paintwork looks mint are you going to edition38 or any shows this year?

Cheers Andy

Thanks Andy,

Yeah I managed to get a set of 4 stud after just about every company I phoned told me they only came in 5 stud with the adaptors!

Looking forward to seeing yours with the 9's on 8) Will you be going to any of the shows this year?

Edition 38 is a definite but not sure yet about Inters, and also not sure if the Corrado will be going. The mk2 always gets preference :( and it starts to get a bit costly on the petrol taking the 2 cars down such a long journey, considering the amount of money I end up spending on bits too.

To be honest the Rado still isnt up to the standard I would like it to be at before I take it to shows, buts its not far away. Bodywork wise its just about there and the interior just needs a tidy up. However I would like to start spending some money on the engine next as at the moment its totally standard.

As I am typing this and my husband is doing his nosey bit of reading it he has told me that if I get the finger out and spend some time on the Corrado then he would seriously consider leaving the mk2 behind so that the Corrado can go to E38! Yipeeeee lol

Yeah I am going to edition38 ill hopefully have a few more bits done by then too ive got a induction kit and heat shield coming, ive recieved my momo wheel and mk3 VR stalks, I had all the dings taken out the other week now all I need to do is tidy up the engine and get her resprayed over the nxt year like yourself,

I have to admit I do like black rado;s - is it straight black or that magic black?

you should defo take the rado now the paint and wheels are done it will look spot on and be one of the cleaner rado's there

what other plans have you got for her?

what mk2 has the hubby got i started with a white 8valve digi I loved it! :clap:

Cool, I'll look out for yours at E38 then...if I'm right in saying you got your Rado from up my way and I'm sure I seen the advert for it at the time. It caught my eye bcos that is the colour I always wanted 8), and of course it had nice wheels :D

Mine is the straight black. and very shiney cos its not long painted. Its my daily drive though so after the winter period it needed a wee polish to get it back to having that dead smooth feeling. Will yours be getting sprayed before E38 you think?

The next thing to get is coilovers and I have decided on Weitech. So I just need to get around to ordering them....after that I'm not sure really. I'm not very mechanically minded so it will be the other half who will tell me what to buy engine wise and he will fit it basically! There are some niggly things needing done this year too which I have on my list, i.e fix the sunroof. I will also renew rubbers on doors, windscreen, new roof strips etc

He has a 16v Mk2, and it is around the 5th we have had between the two of us, and yip he loves it too!

you are right picked it up from edinburgh 6:45pm flew up from bristol, drove back and was home at 1:20am :)

no spray before e38 will sort wheels and put the steels on first as i will be refurbing them myself, then i want to change the altenator as it looks shabby and i need to get a leakdown test! then when i know how healthy she is will get her sprayed

coilovers you'll love it as soon as you get them on Ive had konis on my last G and not sure whats on this one but FK rings a bell

well hope you do end up taking her to e38 speak soon

Afer spending some time cleaning yesterday, I thought I'd post up some pics of the interior for a change.

I have tried to keep the inside as original as possible and have managed to get the majority of the marks off from when it went into the paint shop. It was mainly just dust and some oily finger marks but anyway, here it is..

0035.jpg

0037.jpg

0040.jpg0038.jpg

I drove past and spotted this car minus its plates......is it going for sale?

( nosey parker eh?)

Lol well spotted. I'm still deciding whether to sell or break it. My reasons for braking it isnt because it's not running or anything. It's a great car, I just don't think I can bring myself to sell it as a whole car and see someone else driving it as I'd just want it back lol.

The plates are getting moved onto the Audi which is my new car for the moment, although it's yet to grow on me lol. I'm just too hung up on the Corrado, but a baby has changed things a bit and the Audi is definitely easier for the time being.

After having it for 13 years its a big decision to make :( :shrug: :?