Sign in to follow this  
balboa

how to change cam sensor on a rado vr6???

hey guys, had the car on vag com which advied me the engine cam sensor is faulty, just wondering how to change it and where its located...all i know is that its near the coil pack...any help is much appreciated..thanks :(

It is located in the upper timing chain cover which is underneath the coilpack. Remove the engine plastics and the coil pack and youll see it...

cheers guys...would i need to take the top plastic cover and spark leads out to get to the cam pulse sensor...cheers

Yip just disconnect them from the cooilpack to gain acces to the end engine plastic, remove it (2 torx bolts) then remove the coilpack (4 hex bolts)...

shoot...we have a slight prob....the top screw on the plastic cover has worn away so the alan key cant grip anything its just goin round and round....is there any way around this???

Using the allen key (happened to me too) is what probably stripped it in the first place. Use a Torx bit...the one you should have used.

Get a flat headed screwdriver that's the right size and hammer it into the bolt, then undo. Worked for me. They are not torx bits but star bits :?

right then guys.....got the damn screw off , did what sigainey suggested.....it was very easy to change, even for a wannabe vr6 mechanic like mesen.....really appreciate the good advice chaps....why pay someone else to do it if i can do it mesen.....lastly , should i now reset the original fault on vagcom???

thanks again peeps...!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: