Sign in to follow this  
G60_91

company carrado?

Ive been told that as part of work reviews i will be entitled to a company car. The latest news ive heard is that i could be getting the cash added on to my salary to get myself a car, but there are no restrictions on what i can get so long as i insure it for work purposes :D

I was going to sell my G60 and choose something like a civic typeR, but if im getting cash instead then im toying with the idea of keeping the rado and spending some dosh on making it a bit more reliable. I cant see the G60 engine lasting long with the mileage id be doing for work as its got 134k on at the min.

Can anyone recomend a fairly inexpensive engine swap, 1.8t maybe? and somewhere that could do a drive in drive out sort of thing? Its just an option im looking at but id love to have a company rado! Any comments wud be much appreciated.

sam

How about a 130 or 150 tdi pd lump?

Whatever you went for you'd practically need the whole donor car to get all the parts you need, 1.8T, V6 or TDI, and then you've got many hours of work to fit it, It's not going to work out cheap.

You may be better off going for regular no-expense-spared maintenance of your G60, perfectly reliable if treated properly. Considering depreciation on a new car I'd imagine you could spend a couple of grand a year on the G60 and not be out of pocket comparatively.

yeah, they are saying that rather than give me car they would give me the salary increase equivalent as ppl on the same level as me in the company arent meant to have a company car. The route i had looked at is getting my own contract agreement car, but at the end of that, you still lose money and dont really have your own car.

I really want to keep the rado and like you say, i may be better to get everything serviced often and to a better level than i am at the minute and run the G60 till it gives up the ghost. If i do that then i can always look for a replacement engine in the end anyway. I do like the idea of a TDi corrado, a GTTDi engine or something? had a go in a mates and it drove really nice.

Im no mechanic and i need a car on the road all the while, so i cant really do an engine swap myself over time.

for now i think i will take the money and maybe get the charger rebuilt and put a better intercooler/oil coller on it. Are the BBM chargers worth the money? Ive read that theyre more reliable. Maybe could go 16v head route aswell? Id like to tune it up with the extra money but i also want to make it a bit more reliable if i can. I do look after the engine as best i can and the major problems ive had have been electrical, but they should be all fixed now.

bad news....looks like im getting a company car instead of cash.

This means the rado will soon be up for sale......