Sign in to follow this  
richroberts

urgent - please help someone!

Ive just gone to get into to car, strated the engine, went to drive off a couldnt steer either way! its like the steering lock is still and i can get it off!i have a slight leak in my power steering rack but it has been topped up every day until i can afford to get it done! has this just packed up?

ok then....... well i now want to take the locking mechanism off can anyone instruct me on how to do that? Ive got the cowling etc off just dont no what im taking off!is it everything except the barrel bascially?

I've never actually taken it apart before, so I cant be of much help I'm afraid! But register yourself on here (it's free). You can view the exploded diagram of any of the cars mechs, so it may be of some use!

http://www.vagcat.com

little update. removed the second sheer bolt to discover there was a bolt on the inside holding it on still. Took a hacksaw to this i now i have now steering lock, which is good. All is back to normal and dont think i will replace the lock as i have an immobiliser etc! Cost me nothing to fix but gave my mate £20 for helpin. All cowling etc back on like nothings been done! jobs a good un!