Sign in to follow this  
snattrass

Buy Standard VR6 to uprate or buy already uprated?

I've just sold my 16valver after nearly 10 years of ownership! What a wrench.

Right now I'm limited in my budget and am considering buying a VR6. What would the cost of lowering a standard height VR6 doing it the most economical way with pre-owned parts whever feasible and putting some used 17 inch alloys on (i really like the TT ones)? Would it be better just to pay extra and look for one that's already been done? How much extra should I expect to pay for an uprated version (I know it's rather subjective but you get the gist)?

Many thanks,

Simon.

I know this isnt really gonna help but thats completely down to you.

If you buy a car that is standard then its a blank canvass and any work you do you can account for and its personal to you.

If you buy modded then its someone elses thing, i wouldnt count lowering in this because a lowered car is the same as the next lowered car, but if you buy a car that has had the full treatment then it may be associated to that persons name, eg, Jay Renshaws corrado, which he sold 2 years ago is still referred to as his...

Thanks Golie.

The main thing is to bring down the "floating round in orbit" look that the VR has and put 17 inchers on to make it at least look decent. After that it's things like ss exhaust, uprate headlights, and maybe in time improve the handling.

Cheers.