Sign in to follow this  
Skills

Problems starting VR6

About a month ago I had to replace the radiator in my VR6, ever since I got it back from the garage it's had problems starting when left for a few hours. If it's left overnight it starts 1st time with no problems and after leaving it for an hour or so it still starts 1st go. Anything longer that this and it takes a few goes to get it running then a couple of minutes before pressing the accelerator will actually increase the revs, until then it seems to make them drop.

On the same day I let the petrol tank get almost empty before filling it and thought i'd blocked the fuel filter with crap from the bottom of the tank and this was what was causing the problem. Last week I changed the fuel filter and hoped this would have sorted the problem but it didn't. Has to be something to do with them replacing the radiator but i've no idea what it could be. I'm taking it in again next week for a service and MOT and just wondered if anyone has any ideas what might be causing the problem.

Thanks in advance.