Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

The Top Gear C

Well as I have said, I have the facilities to get video encoded to a PC format. I am just not sure on hosting it.

I'm not even sure if Andi could host it. Putting large video clips on websites like this tend to lead to large bandwith bills. I'm sure we'll come up with something nearer the time.

I may be able to host it - just depends on how big it ends up ;)

I have a few 10gig/month accounts lying about I could abuse!

Superb. Well i'll chat to you nearer the time.

Have to make it a 'forum members ONLY' download somehow.

How much of an MPEG clip mate? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a copy.

I have the good MPG (108MPG) of the original articles on the Corrado and the trip to the musem. If someone wants to open up their FTP server I'll gladly upload it for people to download/view. (It's a larger version than the one Jamie mentioned).

Cheers,

Guy

As for that Top Gear you refer to - I have never seen it, and the only guy on the CCGB who had a copy on tape asked if anyone had the means to encode it (which I have) and despite trying to email him twice to get a copy, he never emailed me back.

Does ANYONE have that old Top Gear on video?

Yep, I've got it somewhere, will try to look it out. Might be able to put it onto CD/DVD as well, but not before Christmas most likely (off to Oz on holiday in a week :) )

I have the good MPG (108MPG) of the original articles on the Corrado and the trip to the musem. If someone wants to open up their FTP server I'll gladly upload it for people to download/view. (It's a larger version than the one Jamie mentioned).

Cheers,

Guy

8) can't wait to have a look :D

came back from the TG recording yesterday - it was good - the car came across really well on the clip but they didnt talk about it as much as I thought - the clip seemed to be about 1.5mins but the good thing was that they said "buy one now before everyone wants one" - or something! nice one :D

I actually got stressed in the studio as people were sitting on the car and leaning all over it and no one made the effort to ask em not too! :roll:

Anyway - am sure you will all be pleased that they recognise the C as a Classic! 8)

only 1.5 mins!!! i'd better not blink or sneeze then..

Blimey.. thought it'd be abit longer :roll:

Role on Sunday so we can see for ourselves :lol:

@ Nick... Sitting on it?!?!

I hope you gave them a slap and moved them on their way! Some people have no respect!

The Corrado looks lovely, and indeed looks mint. defo an overused word, but applies to the one in the pic. wish mine looked that mint. I got a stupid dent right on the crease part of the door, where some careless bar steward opened thier door wide in a car park :mad: ! Looking forward to Top Gear this Sunday. PS, i think that weird geezer (not the short one, or Jeremy) is Clarky's brother in law or something. Hmm.. Always did wonder how he landed that job.

no they didn't - what really p***ed me off is that they did a 6 or so minute piece on the new Fiat Panda - I mean, come on!!!!!!

No - I actually wanted them to take it round the track to see what it could do. Seemed pointless having it in the studio to be honest!

hey..........why have you only got one wiper on in those pics!!!???

not the perfect example of a VR6 we all thought now is it :D :lol:

I have 2 wipers if top gear ever wish to drive another corrado

2hrs till top gear and counting

Cheers,

Guy

You got PM.. can arrange something to get those videos! :)

Don't know why they decided to do it, but we are not going to complain! :)

This guy also mentioned that his boss had taken the last Storm produced back to the Karmann museum...

That would be andy wilman top gear's producer and former presenter.

cheers

Well.. should have a right old collection of clips in the coming weeks!

Guy has very kindly offered to upload a good collection of Top Gear & other Corrado clips he had, Mike16v is sending me the video from Right Car / Wrong Car (I think it was anyway.. don't remeber the name now!), and we have Top Gear tonight which someone else is going to be encoding for me.

Think i'm gonna have to hook up with Andi and try sort something out so forum members can download these.. either that or we sell a CD with them all on for a few quid to help fund the forum, in much the same way as the stickers do?

we sell a CD with them all on for a few quid to help fund the forum, in much the same way as the stickers do?

That sounds like a bloody good idea Jim, NICE ONE!!!