Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Robs Project 'Doofy' - Gone but not forgotten!

Rob! you're alive!

Nooo! Keep Doofy and then G-lader him.. or sling a 2.0-16v, you know it makes sense! (as long as you ingnore things like brakes!)

Rob! you're alive!

Nooo! Keep Doofy and then G-lader him.. or sling a 2.0-16v, you know it makes sense! (as long as you ingnore things like brakes!)

I would do mate but tbh i just want something easy and comfortable and a golf mk3 is that, and i would be silly to turn it down at the price i can get it for, i could sell the new tyres on it and make my money back basically!! It will be more reliable and more economical as well which is most important at the minute, the polo is just drinking the fuel as all the roads to uni are 60-70mph and only being a 4 speed its revving its tits off!

I would do mate but tbh i just want something easy and comfortable and a golf mk3 is that, and i would be silly to turn it down at the price i can get it for, i could sell the new tyres on it and make my money back basically!!

But how would you run it then! :lol:

It will be more reliable and more economical as well which is most important at the minute, the polo is just drinking the fuel as all the roads to uni are 60-70mph and only being a 4 speed its revving its tits off!

5-speed and a TDi lump, sorted..

Looks like you got your way after all Jon, Doofy is staying with me :lol:

Had a proper look at that golf today, my dad is the one that mentioned to me and he had only really seen the back of it and mostly in the dark. Well it was a complete pile of wank! The paint was scratched to fcuk but that didnt bother me as would of been a challenge for me with some wet and dry and machine polishe, but the tit that owns it left the window slightly open so the inside was mouldy :pukeright: !! and it needed wing mirrors, a few things didnt work so wouldnt pass mot anyway yet, and mainly the clutch didnt work which was supposed to be new, obviously the guy who put the new clutch in was useless as the car went in gear but nothing happened, so even though i am competent at fixing it whats the bloody point. I would of liked the car as a challenge to restore to looking good, but at this point in time its just not ideal for me as it would need some money and mainly time and as i only have a few months left at uni the polo is more that good enough and is MINT in comparison!

Shame as Mark wants Doofus as a bomb about while the flying 'nana gets more work...

So where were to two of you Sunday mate?

Doofy has gone :clap: nah its quite sad actually lol the little breadvan did its job well, turned the key this morning ready for the guy to come and collect it and it started on the button!

So its just me and the rado now, lets just hope i can afford to keep running the rado until i get a job :shock: :lol:

Bring on the next project ... did someone say mk1 golf resto project :grin: In the summer maybe, cant afford one yet, but as soon as i get back from europe and into work in june i WILL be on the look out for a mk1 golf thats a bit tatty but has a fairly solid structure! Im moving this weekend and our new back garden is perfect for the job, just need to knock the back wall of the garage down to drive it through :roll: :lol: