Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

Smoking engine.....

Just arrived home today and noticed smoke coming from under bonnet as i was parking up.

When i opened bonnet i feared the worst - thought the head gasket had blown! :shock: However on closer inspection i saw that the coolant hose that runs into the back of the engine and into the the heater in the bulkhead had a small hole in it and was squirting over the head if the engine! :o

What i would like to know is where is the best place to obtain this hose - its the larger one that has a smaller tube running off it at the rear of the engine(near the bulkhead).

My car is a 94' VR6 Corrado.

Spooky, same happened to me yesterday... but mine was the pipe exiting the side of the head (and mine's a G60, not a VR6).

On the basis that this is the third coolant hose of the original set (now 15 years old) to have sprung a minor but worrying leak, I have decided to replace all of them with silicon Samco versions - ordered today from G-Werks :)

The only drag is the wait while they make them to order :(

Not sure if your local GSF store http://www.gsfcarparts.com will have them as I don't see too many VR6 hoses there... Samco do a VR6 coolant hose kit, but it is about £250 I think :shock:

Can't really help if you are looking for a low-cost, stop-gap solution, other than gaffer tape and tie wraps! :lol: Mine is bearing up well with its barn fix :wink:

Good luck!