Sign in to follow this  
Rocket Ron

Another Sun Roof Problem

Got a problem with my sunroof it only slides back in stages not smoothly but will tilt only with switch.

Have tried it by the manual method with handle and it slids back but only if you click switch once which seems to unlock something. Could it be the motor.

Has anyone any ideas.

Have heard that the sunroof from a passat will fit is that true if so what year. Would also like to fit a glass top to let some light in if can't get it to work.

Also had a leak in my roof when I bought the car someone didn't fit aerial right so it leaked and stained the roof lining where can I get a replacement asked VW but they don't do them any more.

Hi Ron,

Go for a B4/5 Passat estate roof.. the are a little flatter than saloon ones apparently... have a look at my thred on my fitting last week for some tips.. A matter of don't be afraid.. just make sure there's at least two of you 3 if you can for headlining removal to hold the B/C pillar trim away. Best to print out the Sunroof repair Wiki as well to have to hand.

I found a good source on http://www.ukpassats.co.uk and cheap at £35.00!

As you'll have to pull the roof out to fix it (assuming you've tried greasing everything first) you may as well just replace the whole thing.

When you have the headlining out give it a good clean (I didn't have any interior cleaner when I did mine and wish I had, would have been so easy) and you'll probably find the staining will come out.. use a quality interior soft trim clearner like Autoglym etc...

HTH