Sign in to follow this  
LowG

S/charger blew up booom

:cry: :mad: EVeryones fear on a g60, it happed few days ago,its just a reminder that u should service u charger regurarly,im in the proces of bypassing the scharger and have some fun on the 8v untill i find another charger or switch to a turbo. I guess is to late Darren :mad: . Added a few pics for the fun of it. By the way im pissed :mad: :mad:

how many miles were on it ? just out intrest did it make any warning? noises, low boost etc before it blew?

good luck finding a new un

Migs, if you could stump up the cash, might be worth considering buying a whole new G60! There are a few bargains out there. You could use the best bits from both and break the rest. You may even make a profit! You'd have one stunning car + loads of stuff to sell. Would take a lot of time and effort, and who has £2000+ knocking around? So I'm probably not being very helpful at all! :oops:

BTW, did you get the cheque?

hi,andy i send u pm. Lol i donot think i wanna end up with another g60 first i aint got no space and my dad would shot me :lol: . You know that guy blade fro germany he said he can provide chargers serviced and ported rs2 for 650 quid. is he relaiable and if so what quality products has he got. IM just finishing bypasing the G and have some fun on the 8v

thanks

I know that it is a big 'problem' for you, but as you're not technically asking for any help, I'll move this to general.

Lert me know if you'd like it moved back.

Looking at that charger it look like the oil seals went as its covered in oil!!

If your gonna buy of ebay, be carefull and make sure the charger is rebuilt or servicable

Bad luck :/

Were there any signs it was gonna go? Loss of power or noise?

I assume it was original charger to..never rebuilt

charger was rebuilded once car has 120k was dome by jabba when car had 60k i believe. In the last 3 months i could notice the car was slowing down and last months was doing 160m on a full tank. last week i heard some wired noise that sounded as if it was coming from alternator but it dissapered. After 2 days it siezed up,no casing damage on outsite or any major oil leak also bearings inside seemed ok all the casing spiral thing was mashed up to pieces. Any1 know BLADE in this forum????? He is sellin rs2 serviced chargers, is he some1 that i can trust on purchasing a charger?????? Many thanks. Just finished the bypass and the car feels different,is not as slow that i imagined it would be,anything i should watch out on runing it with the bypass???

LowG, Hey lowG check out parts for sale on corrado club Gb theres a stage 4 charger for sale 6000 miles £750 plus other bits, May help !

So it was rebuilt at 60000 and 120000? What was the mileage when it went?

hi andy,

i think he was saying that it went at 120k and had only been rebuilt once at 60k :shock:

just spent near 700 quid last week..will be another 7-900 for charger in total with chip and pulley

:shock: :shock:

just spent near 700 quid last week..will be another 7-900 for charger in total with chip and pulley

:shock: :shock:

of course you could always leave the chip and pulley for later

car has 120k,i would strongly recomend you to get it serviced dont underestimate it like i did bad mistake.

considering the service interval on a standard G60 is 60k and if you run a smaller pulley you'd expect the service interval to come down!!

Is mileage the only thing in the equation? Or does age have an impact also. I know this seems obvious but are the consumables subject to a useful life span.

Mileage will have the most effect as age is only gona differ from g to k plate

I dont quite get what you mean but obviously a 10+ year old powerful car is gonna have a lot of wear

173 bhp? with no mods?

I dont quite get what you mean but obviously a 10+ year old powerful car is gonna have a lot of wear

173 bhp? with no mods?

i think tony's one has a few less miles than yours andrew,but as he's going to be going to star next month you'll be able to find out how it compares to yours if you go too.....same rolling road and conditions etc

173 bhp? with no mods?

He munkay yip totally standard put a K&N panel filter in this year so will be interesting to see what it does up at star P if anything at all.

Where abouts are u?

Heres a link to my plot from star P

http://www.corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=68

I kinda guess ithe charger is going to need doning but it has pretty low miliage hence the question.

l8trs