Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Suspension quick help required

before i go a buy a suspension kit

i think either HR kit or the weitec kit, not coilovers

will i have any issues with wheel camber and tyre wear, as when i've lowered a car in the past the tyres always wear out on inside edge?

is there anything i should make garage aware of, don't want to go to pick car up and they not been able to do it for some reason

Weitec Hicon GTN Coilover/adj ring kit £325.00

Weitec kit £247.00

H&R Cup kit -60/40mm £343.00

these are my choices^^^

what are the camber bolts?

can't advise on the choice of kit, but as far as the camber goes you may find you can't get enough adjustment on the standard suspension to get your camber right, you can purchase some narrower 'cammed' camber bolts from VW which have a narrower shaft and will allow more adjustment though.

1) If it was my money I'd buy the H&R setup rather than the Weitec ones.

2) Budget to get the geometry checked and reset professionally as part of the upgrade. It's good practice to get this checked once a year or so anyway, regardless of whether you've modded the car.

3) I've run some very low ride heights before and I don;t see why there won't be enough camber adjustment in it to get it trued up regardless of how low you run it. Remember if you go too low you can end up with inverted wishbones and then your handling and bump absorbsion will be complete poopah

1) If it was my money I'd buy the H&R setup rather than the Weitec ones.

2) Budget to get the geometry checked and reset professionally as part of the upgrade. It's good practice to get this checked once a year or so anyway, regardless of whether you've modded the car.

3) I've run some very low ride heights before and I don;t see why there won't be enough camber adjustment in it to get it trued up regardless of how low you run it. Remember if you go too low you can end up with inverted wishbones and then your handling and bump absorbsion will be complete poopah

yep get the wheels laser aligned by someone who you can trust knows what they are doing, when done right you shouldnt have a problem, mines relitively low and wearing evenly, as have all the cars i've ran at this sort of height, providing its set up right you shouldnt scrub on the inside edge

when people say geometry is this just the tracking? or is there other stuff that can be adjusted?

will i need a camber adjustment kit?