Sign in to follow this  
Jaques_G60

dump valves?

hello, i've just been looking around ebay (yawn) and found a dump valve for the g60. it is supposed to prolong the life of the supercharger and stop the oil spray going into the air filter. just wondered if these actually work, or if it's just a dodgey ebay scam?

Its an oil mist returning back to the charger to keep it lubed, downside its hot air returning, so remove the boost return and blank off the charger end and no more hot air, cooler running charger and air temps so better power, plus side is a nice dump valve type sound from the second butterfly on the underside of the throttle body, just need to spray a coating into the charger every so often to keep it lubed so its def not a remove and forget mod.

finally made the purchase, fitted it and the sound it makes is crazy! the amount of confused faces you see when you let off the throttle makes it worth the money!

i have had a few ppl ask me what's under the bonnet, and they seem suprised when i tell them it's just a fairly standard g60

not as suprised as the subaru driver who couldn't keep up the other day though :lol: