Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Where to buy suspension?

i think i want the koni stuff now, i notice it on awesome gti store for £330, does anyone know what springs they come with or do i need to pay more for eibach ones?

where should i buy from? also things like top mounts should i just go to the dealers?

I bought my springs from Europerformance who were very good although if your not sure what top order you'd be better speaking to a company used to vw's. Definitely get the top mounts from your dealers.

Had that kit on my last valver- bought it from Awesome too, as it was the cheapest I could find. The springs are Koni springs. They're pretty good.

I'd recommend getting Bonrath top mounts when fitting uprated suspension. Given the greater forces exerted on the top mounts by stiffer supspension, the standard VAG ones wear out (deform slightly) within about 2 years, leading to knocking and an MOT failure. Uprated ones like Bonrath mounts are made of a different compound and are harder to resist this deformation.

You can order them from a company called Modworld who have a website. Though I phoned through my order. Google them. Be aware that it took 3 weeks to get them from Germany when I ordered mine, but they are worth the wait.

HTH :D

good advice, i think i'll check them out, got all my suspensions, top plates and ARB now, still got to get the wishbones, ball joints, track rods etc