Sign in to follow this  
inky

Advice please re g60 calipers

Hi any tell me if you can fit Passat calipers onto a 91 g60? And if yes what era of Passat?

Calipers seem to be like rocking horse poo around here and am desperate for a new front one

And anyone got any idea how much they cost new fronm the stealers??

Thanks in advance

oh...good...got a vr6 passat maybe have to borrow one!! :)

thanks

just make sure they're not the late 288mm ones the calipers are totally different on those, ATE I think.

oh...good...got a vr6 passat maybe have to borrow one!! :)

thanks

just make sure they're not the late 288mm ones the calipers are totally different on those, ATE I think.

what about the passats with abs would that make a difference...as I dont have abs on the raddo?

Just get new exchage calipers from VW / GSF - makes a hell of a difference if the old ones are knackered - they are aout £33 each

the only problem i have with that is when my old mechanic did my goodridge brakelines months ago....(he is now no longer my mechanic as has disappeared*)....he broke the nipple....so instead of contacting me and asking me what I wanted to do..he ripped off the caliper and then replaced it with a golf one!!!!....it works but obviously cannot do exchange for raddo calipers and for some reason I did not get the old caliper so exchange is out of the question....any idea how much without exchange...

*He was a really good vw mech but the last few weeks I dealt with him there were a lot of issues and he just vanished and everything was closed up so left me in the sh*t so to say

And now am due for mot and getting worried about it failing on this aleady know i need a new cv boot!!

Just get new exchage calipers from VW / GSF - makes a hell of a difference if the old ones are knackered - they are aout £33 each

Thought i would get some new calipers at that price, I phoned VW this morning and they want £149.00 for a pair of front G60 calipers ?....£40 Back with exchange so £109.00 total.

Thought i would get some new calipers at that price, I phoned VW this morning and they want £149.00 for a pair of front G60 calipers ?....£40 Back with exchange so £109.00 total.

great..maybe we should go to where supercharged buys his from :(

I actually managed to get a pair from my local Audi for £55 exchange but that was stupidly cheap as one was old stock... VW have just put prices up by about 10% accross the board but you should be able to get them for under £40 with CCGB discount but it depends on the dealer - if not try GSF, should be cheaper than that again with CCGB discount!