Sign in to follow this  
paulg60

Which coilovers?

I've got Konigsports.

Oh yeah. I've wound it down nice and low and the 90mm splitter rubs on everything.... :D :D (odd looks from all passers by!)

:lol:

Thats the beauty of the coilovers ...I had the same problems until I raised the ride height to just clear the highest speed ramp round my way.

btw, I have Koni's fitted & am well pleased with em

Coilovers are indeed the boys wen it comes to suspension, ive been for a spin with brian in his beast and the ride is sweet, i dont think my budget can stretch to a set of those serious ones but im lookin at gettin a set of those supersport ones from venom around chrimbo time, Rock on the coilovers 8)

yeah man, the supersports dhould be great, thats what henny is runnin, n he likes em

Cats gonna get her set in the new year for the polo beast. let the modding commence :D:D:D:D:D

dont you think you should change the name now bud? you have had the rad for a while now :lol:

You called?!? :lol:

Yup, Although my car isn't on wheels and has no engine or gearbox at the moment, she's still got the supersport coil-overs and I still like how they are, and how they look and would recommend them! 8)

I haven't bought mine yet, but what do you guys think would be the best coilovers if you want a hard ride??

Are the adjustables any good if you set the damping on the firmest setting?

Ben

Really, so coilovers are good for hard rides aswell as comfortable rides. I have some bad roads (live in Norfolk) and with the mods I've made such as 1.8T conversion where the sump lies really low! I want to be able to stiffen things up (the car suspension not other things).

Are Koni's worth the extra cash??

or are AVo's as good?

biggerbigben, jesus yeah, coilovers go rock hard!!

What has to be remembered is that Coilovers are really for race cars etc......

I remember reading about a guy that put really expensive leda coilovers on his scooby and he had to take em off cause on the softest setting was too hard for him. the car ended up skipping and jumping over dips in the road etc.

Coilovers nowadays are becoming, i suppsoe softer than they once were for the reason the public use em.

AVO's i've read are solid

Try driving a car with coilovers and get em to crank up the damping :shock:

Edit - Snide remarks removed. Stop it, Brian. --Admin

Are Koni's worth the extra cash??

or are AVo's as good?

go for the Koni's.......if the roads are that bad....you'll at least have Koni's lifetime warranty :wink:

yeah, apparently AVO's need rebuilt every so often and dont have a good warranty.

FK Konigsports also have a lifetime warranty but parts may take longer to come cause they are newer, even though its Koni Dampers.

I bought some of Venoms springs for my golf as the standard setup was live driving a bus! It was quite hard to begin with and they improved the handling no end, but they feel like they have soften up a bit now (2 years use), or I've got used to them!

On my corrado I want to have a reasonbly stiff setup, so I don't think it matters which coilovers I go for, they all sound good~!