Sign in to follow this  
cvw

10k boost?

Has anybody used this in the past ? got some yesterday for my valver but not sure where to spray it . if i undo any piping after the fuel distributer obviously the car cuts out . i've also tried to do it by taking out the filter and spraying it into the airflow sensor plate but its not getting completely sucked in and its also very difficult as i cant tilt the unit up because of all the pipework connected .

has anyone got any reports from using this in the past ? any good/bad things to report?

i had some once, not for my corrado, but i took air filter off, and used a long straw on the can and sprayed it up the air pipe, the straw went past the air flow meter.

didn't make bugger all difference to the car tho

I used it on a kjet 8v Golf a few years back. I just detached the bottom part of the airbox, lifted up the top part and sprayed. IIRC lots of stuff came out the exhaust and seemed to run slightly better afterwards, no huge difference though.

@ 3corsameal, I'm not sure if you're getting 10kboost confused with octane booster or something, but it isn't supposed to make a noticable difference in performance.

I've used it on a number of old cars and it's pretty much good for removing carbon deposits whichy make the car run on, and also reduce economy and efficiency.

Performance never changed imo, but my mpg extra urban went up by 3-5 depending on car, age, and engine.

a big spray can that costs silly amounts, iirc

i think when i used it, the car hadn't got many miles, so was just me wasting my money, was quite a few years ago. i certainly didn't notice anything coming out of exhaust like it said