Sign in to follow this  
jonnyboyo

Eyebrow/grille spoiler.....

What is the best way to fit one? I have just tried sticking velcro to the headlamps and behind the spoiler and the end result would not look as though it would handle 30mph, let alone motorway speeds :shock:

I then tried double sided permanent sticky strips, and again, to much movement. :(

A safe/secure method would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for the reply. Where exactly did you stick the tape though? My tape was crap! I did consider self tappers but on looking there does not seem anywhere really to screw the spoiler on.

I think i attached tape to the lights and slam panel, dont own the car anymore so cant go see. The eyebrow spoiler should sit on the front of the slam panel and above the lights - thats where i put the tape.

ijust used three blobs of sikka flex (glue/sealant) along the spoiler where it sits on top of the headlight.

you may think, how am i going to get the headlight out if i need to but it can be done. i changed my engine last week which involved taking the front of the car off. just undone the screws and took the headlights and grille out as one piece

Which one is it?

I have the Kamei one now and it has screws that screw to the top of the rad support. It has the best fit over any grill spoiler I've used/seen.

When I had the Rieger, I used one screw in the center and 3M body molding tape over the headlights.

The Mattig fiberglass ones just fit piss poor, and tossed it.

I'm not sure what make it is, i won it on ebay. But it does appear to be fibreglass though. There doesn't seem to be much overlap in the middle of the grille to stick it to the slam panel though. The only place it seems to be able to attach to is the headlights. So i think i'm going to need some very good tape.

WAYNOS....where did you get that sikka flex tackle from and how much was it?

RS VR6.....where can i get that 3m stuff and how much is it?

Thanks all for the replies so far. I really want to fit this!

The 3M stuff you can get at most auto parts places or body shops. Its for body molding. The outer part that you peel off is red.