Sign in to follow this  
G-Lader

Boost leak - advice needed!

After reading VR6's 'buying guide' I checked the boost at idle on my G60,it read 530 (checked it twice), this indicates a boost leak according to VR6's thread.

How can I check for a leak - soapy water ? I cant seem to get anywhere near the pipes leading to/from the i/cooler - I dont really want to take the bumper off but is this the only way to check them?

The charger was rebuilt @ Jabba 4k miles ago to Stg4 with Chip n'pulley but when I checked the max boost at redline 3rd/4th it came out at 1792 which seems a little low as well?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

What does the thread refer to when stating 84-104 ?

Does anyone know?

thats the hg vacuum reading ... on idle there is vacuum no boost this will only read when under load.

Harry, that reading of 1792 could be a bit low if you have a 68mm pulley. The 792 is millibars. Thats .8 BAR which equates to about 11 PSI.

My stage 4 and 68mm pulley runs to 1BAR pretty easy. But if you have a cam or any headwork that will reduce the peak numbers you will see.

Gavin

thanks - so there could be a leak , whats the best way of checking, especially getting to the pipes entering and exiting the i/cooler?

we use a product made by rocoil to check for leaks but.. i guess you could use washing-up liquid as it would bubble...