JMC

G60 throttle body porting - new update

So you don't have a standard G60 then? Right that makes a bit more sense. It should be linked to the action of the other 2 butterflies, so that when they are fully open it closes. When the engine is on part throttle or idle it should be open to allow for boost recirculation.

JMC How long did you take to do this porting yourself? With a dremmel is it something that can be done in a weekened? And what did you use to polish the metal?

JMC How long did you take to do this porting yourself? With a dremmel is it something that can be done in a weekened? And what did you use to polish the metal?

I did it over a couple fo weekends Alex as I had a spare throttle body using a dremel and a metal rasp for the rough shaping. For polishing I used a polishing mop and 3 different grades of polsihing compound (from Froosts auto restorers).

Yeah, much easier if you can get a separate one to work on Alex. Having done it I think the effects are small, but if you have done alot of other work on the engine an intake system then it makes sense to do.

charger is ported but otherwise very little has been done. Eventually want to get the exhaust changed, de-cat, manifolds ported etc. Just nice to know that i can do this myself in the comfort of my spare room :D