Sign in to follow this  
monzablau16v

Booked into Stealth for head rebuild, chains & tensioners...

Hi mate,

Not had bores checked yet but Vince will let me know if anything is suss when the engine is beheaded. Got results from my rolling road (wanted to get a benchmark!)

Dont think you can get more stock than my results :

192.2 bhp @ 5955

179.6 ft/lb @ 4480

Max Speed Reached : 126.7 mph

(....ok so you could have 190bhp and 180 ft/lb! :lol: )

Very pleased that its still pumping that out after 130K miles!

Hoping the 6-Branch and de-cat will release a few more ponies. Then when funds permit a nice SS zort to free things up a little more.

I'll keep y'all updated...

Spoke to Vince this week. Head was off the car and he said the bores dont look too bad at all (phew!)

Hopefully when the sump comes off and he installs the new oil pump he will say everything looks in order down there too.

Spoke to Vince this week. Head was off the car and he said the bores dont look too bad at all (phew!)

Hopefully when the sump comes off and he installs the new oil pump he will say everything looks in order down there too.

I had the same as you full head rebuild (3 angle valve seats and a little porting;)) chains clutch and new oil pump also had my 6 branch fitted. I have had the car back now just over two weeks and it hasn't missed a beat. Mine's done 154k and the bottom end is fine so you shouldn't have a problem there chap.

excellent news Steve....

how are you finding the car to drive with the 6-branch and other work done? Was it the Raceland jobbie that you bought?

I just hope I dont make the car too loud (boomy). Obviously I want that sexy VR6 growl, but only when I press the loud pedal.... dont want it too loud all the time, al-la-chav style!

I been so lazy - got loads of pics of all the goodies sitting on my PC, just havnt got round to posting them all up yet. I'll get round to it soon :)

EDIT : forgot to add..... I AM REALLY REALLY MISSING MY RADO :(

excellent news Steve....

how are you finding the car to drive with the 6-branch and other work done? Was it the Raceland jobbie that you bought?

I just hope I dont make the car too loud (boomy). Obviously I want that sexy VR6 growl, but only when I press the loud pedal.... dont want it too loud all the time, al-la-chav style!

It really is sweet as a nut. no chain or tappet noise improved oil pressure (new pump). Its silky smooth 8) . I am not 100% sure that it is a raceland (might be an OBX) but it looks identical. As for the noise its no louder than before. Has changed the sound slightly with a bit more of a v6 style rumble. Just need to save for a supercharger :lol:

Just found out that the Fidanza flywheel I received from Gripforce was incorrect. I specifically asked for part 187481 which is the correct item for Corrado VR6, but they sent me 186481 which is for a 4.6L FORD!!!

very pi$$ed off to say the least... got the fun of having to get the right one delivered ASAP and then more custom charges and then posting the incorrect one back!

I will let you know how gripforce deal with the issue...im hoping their good reputation for service wins through...

:puppydogeyes: