Sign in to follow this  
RallyRaddo

Rad Hoses - Hot top / cold Bottom

Hi Guys,

This car is probably the worst buy I have ever had in all my years of driving, aaargh!!! It's been on the drive and in the garage more than I have had it on the road.

New problem:

I rekon the thermostat having read a few threads but would be good to get some experienced opinions please.

Overheated last week and couldn't find where the steam was coming from at the front end, so now I am looking to change the thermostat.

When the car is cold, I start up the engine. The top radiator hose gets hot however, the bottom remains cold.

Would I be right in saying it's the thermostat? Hope it's not the pump.........

Looks like a sod of a job too, as from first glances, it means having to take off the brackets beside the (NEW) power steering pump in order to access the bolts holding the thermostat housing on.

Cheers

Kev

Yeah, Pas bracket down but you shouldn't need to remove the pump, just swing it out the way...

You need stat, plastic housing, new bolts and O ring seal + some new coolant.

Cheers guys! very much appreciated.

Keep an eye out on ebay for a yellow Corrado I think very soon :2gunfire:

But there again, they are such a rare car up here, it might be worth struggling on....................

Kev

But there again, they are such a rare car up here, it might be worth struggling on...................

Owning a Corrado is a continual battle between wanting something you can spend a bit of money on when it suits YOU (something the car doesn't understand unfortnately) and the realisation that for the amount you're wasting you could put towards something much newer and more reliable.

I've gone over the dilemma many times. This Corrado is currently testing my patience, much like yours :)