Sign in to follow this  
hustler

non starter trouble which relay

which relay for ignition on a 91 G60?

i have 2x imobilizors on the G60 but thay seem fine as there dual circuits and i can hear the fual pump prime but the bloody car wont start no starter motor engaging the solonoids fine as is the starter as i can put keys in auxillery n start car from the battery dirrect to solonoid thinking there must be a starter relay thats given up on me

cheers in advance for all help

There is no relay directly responsible for sending power to the solenoid. It is only fed from the ign switch. Maybe the switch is duff.

Or one of your immobilisers/connections to immobilisers is bad.

Gavin

The ignition switches on nearly all VWs are a pile of poo... I've had to change mine and now know of countless others here who've had to do the same... I put a guide up somewhere on the site that details how to change the switch, there's also a guide on how to "hotwire" the switch to test if it is the switch that's failed...

From what you've described, especially with being able to start it from the battery -> solenoid, I'd lay odds on it being the switch... Good news is that every stealer I've spoken to keeps 'em in stock for under £20 and they only take about an hour to change if you can use a screwdriver... :D

See here for guide on how to change the switch:

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewto ... highlight=

And here for the "hotwire" tester...

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewto ... highlight=

Good luck! 8)

i had a day off work on tuesday happily going round body shops in my C to get prices for paint got to the 3rd body shop turned the car off got the price for paint (way to much) went to start the car nothing. had to bump it. anyway it turned out my starter motor had just given up no warning or nothing :cry: got it reconditioned tho by a bloke i know £35 and back on the car in 2 hours from breaking :D :D