Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Bonding plastic Arches?

I fitted some new arches to my mk3 all round earlier and have since remembered i need to trim most of the lower plastic sections where the rivets go to allow the tyres to fit (7.5x17 with 80mm drop) i had 2 of the old arches flapping slightly and i want these new ones to be solid, i'm sure there is a body sealant or putty or something you can use as i used it on the rears but that was a few years ago and i cant remember what the stuff was called (no chance of finding it in the garage :( unfortunately)

ideally i need something thats available from a halfords or similar, i have a feeling if i pop into the bodyshop next door they'll change a fortune for the stuff they use!

thanks alot

andy

polyurethane adhesive sealant would be the best stuff to use, the stuff i get from the local motor factors is U-POL Tigerseal, but loctite also do the same stuff, once set it is incredibly strong and the arch would be more likely to break before the adhesive gave up, its usually about £4 a tube and is available in black or grey.