Sign in to follow this  
dubcharger

Late 9a sump gasket

I fitted a windage tray to my engine at the weekend and found the original gasket to be nearly twice as thick as the one on the windage tray, I also noticed the oil bottom of the oil pick up is a slightly different shape to the older round ones... the sump and tray fitted back on fine and theres no buzzer or flashing oil lights coming on but I was wondering if the oil pick up is ok sitting approx 2mm? closer to the bottom of the sump... how much clearance is there to begin with?

I fitted the windage tray a while back on my 9A 16v engine,no problems at all.

I don't think that there is much clearance between the sump's bottom part and the pick-up pipe so be careful of speed bumps if you've got a lowered car...

is there a wiki for this job? If not, it'd be a good idea, as its a tiny bit tricky if you dont know to remove that cover beside the flywheel. Also having correct tools to get those 2 nuts out too helps.

Yeah I had trouble when I did mine ages ago. You need 1/4" drive with a wibbly ended extension (oo-er :lol: )

Hmm - just looking ETKA there is a engine no. change on the 9A gasket and the thicker one uses 16mm bolts where the original (same as G60 one uses 14mm) - not sure why this is and the oil pump did not change as far as i can see so it should be fine...