Sign in to follow this  
chas71

G60 Fuel pump running on

Hi I recently got my frist Corrado, a '91 G60. :lol: One lady owner with only 47000 miles on the clock in Nugget yellow 8) .

And I have noticed that the fuel pump runs after the engine is switched off, is this correct? it also appears to come on at the same time as the cooling fan.

This has caused some problems with my alarm Toad Ai606 false alarming :shock: . My alarm fitter has sorted the alarm but is still baffled by the pump coming on with the fan.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Welcome to the forum!

Have a read of the instruction manual when you get chance - it expains a few things you might think are strange if not used to VWs like the variable intermittent rear wiper and the fuel pump after run with the fan...

Sounds like a good motor you've got with low miles but i would check the charger history because of the age more than anything else - maybe take it to G-werks for a check over!

Thanks for you reply. I should know better RTFM (read the flipping manual) :oops:. A trip to G werks is on the list of things to. It's a untouched car and every thing works, even the original radio!