Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

Scottish region rolling road day 2003

for all those going to the scottish rolling road day at star next month.......i've now been told that its from 9am onwards......well thats according to john kerr who is the scottish region host

hth

right according to kev finlay who has organised the rolling-road day it is 10am that the fun commences so you can all maybe have a bit extra in bed :wink:

right for all you lads and lassies going down from aberdeen/n e scotland to star-performance for the rolling-road day on sunday march 16th

if you would like to travel down in a wee convoy then get yourselves to the duthie park(riverside drive entrance/exit) for 8:45 am and we'll set off at approx 9am to get down to star for just after 10:30am...........if you are going on the rolling-road make sure your tyre pressures are correct(which you should do for any :wink: trip and that you have plenty fuel in your tank :oops: )

and for the rest of you going....look forward to seeing you all down there 8) :wink:

any decisions made about folks going to star from the west coast yet.

just recently joined the club and wouldn't mind seeing how my standard VR gets on.

any convoys from the west coast let me know

cheers

too hot,

Did you get my Private Message?

So far I'm meeting up with yourself will we say the Shell Garage at Woodlands Road just along from Sauchiehall Street. Will need to feed the beast :lol:

Then I meeting a friend (Golf owner) passing thru Moodiesburn. Then plan to meet my other friend at Rosyth. He is coming from Edinburgh. I'm open to suggestions on the times for this. Hangover permitting lol

Let me know. Anyone else who will be on route and would like to joy us let us know.

Rodger that

I am coming from west coast also.

Could meet you both at the garage you mentioned if ok with you guys?

have already spoke to too hot and he said he would be in touch.

let me know of the final plans

cheers

paul

Be rude not to Paul.

Will post the time I'm easy but not to early about an hour and 15 min I think to get up there.

Say between half nine and ten should get us there and on the rollers as it gets busy and the line gets longer as you would expect. Only down side of to many people go.

Everyones got on in past years so heres hoping.

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/download.php?id=33

Fat Tony, vr6paul2003, Hi,guys been kinda busy lately.That garage sounds fine .........now where is it. :?:

Sorted!! 8)

Theres two sets of Speed Cameras before Cumbernauld (that I know off) one at the set of lights at Muirhead and again at Moodiesburn. Both 30 zones.

We dont want in photos in the post

good point!

i know the ones you are talking about i think.

i think i will be carrying two passengers also.

see you on sunday

cheers

paul

I would love to go down, but got a few bits to do to the corrado first before i go anywhere, trying to get it all sorted b4 Inters. If i don't make it down to Star then let me know how all of you get on?! :wink:

Doh! Just checked this again before heading off to Glenrothes tomorrow... only to find it's on Sunday :oops: Glad I checked now :lol:

Jamie

I would love to go down, but got a few bits to do to the corrado first before i go anywhere, trying to get it all sorted b4 Inters. If i don't make it down to Star then let me know how all of you get on?! :wink:

so you going to inters then jill?.......there will be a few of us going down from aberdeen/ellon on the friday before inters............though it'll be 5am-ish(to miss most of the rush-hours/traffic etc)....but means we should get to bentwaters/ipswich around late afternoon.....plenty time for some beer'n'chat :drinking: let me know if your interested........nothing better than a convoy of vee-dubs going down the m/way 8)

We're setting off from elgin on the thursday afternoon, stopping off at Penrith that night then doing the rest of journey on friday. Would be great to meet up though. I'm just hoping my baby will be ready by then!! So far i'm the only corrado from our meet going down, so i hope you will make it two corrado's?! :p

We're setting off from elgin on the thursday afternoon, stopping off at Penrith that night then doing the rest of journey on friday. Would be great to meet up though. I'm just hoping my baby will be ready by then!! So far i'm the only corrado from our meet going down, so i hope you will make it two corrado's?! :p

we can probably meet you at penrith on the friday at approx 9am-ish.......there's a very good truckstop there btw...very cheap too....sounds ok to you?

how many are expected on sunday?

does anybody have any idea?

i reckon on at least 10 C's being there........probably 15 in total......its looking like there will only be 2 or 3 of us from aberdeen coming down(i had hoped we would have had 5 or 6 from aberdeen but a few work commitments have whittled it down).....to be honest any more than 15 will make it a long wait to get on the rollers :cry:

Yeah that sounds fine to me about meeting up in penrith. From Elgin meet there will be 3 MK2's, 1 MK4 Polo, 1 Jetta, 2 MK3's, My corrado and a Golf LTD.

Enjoy the day everyone and let us know how you get on. Sorry I cant be there as I really want to go to my first meet but next time ill make sure of it.

this will be my first meet and i am really looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing all the motors

see you all tomorrow!!