Sign in to follow this  
mamboman

Bad Vibrations

Getting vibrations through the stearing column - I have replaced all 4 tyres, swapped rims and balanced and carried out tracking. The problem has reduced slightly but it's still there and comes through at around 130 km/hr. I figure it may be warped rims. They are a BBS variety.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

Cheers all.

How many miles has the car done? Check the play in the front squish, I learned that lesson a few months back. Bushes were brand new but the front right hand shock was a little ' under damped ' (read: goosed) !

Rimshot, VR6 will bring it up with the garage next week (due for a cam-belt change) at 150 000 miles. Quoted £180 for the job including labour. Thanks for the help.

Check the inner cv joints,my car did the same,was undrivable even at 50km/h vibrating through the dash,pedals,steering colum etc.It turned out to be that,i changed the longer lh shaft and the car ran perfect.

Just an update on the vibrations - the garage replaced the powersteering belt and that seems to have sorted it. Much smoother now.

Thanks again