Sign in to follow this  
Dubsingh

LATE SPEC EARLY SPEC CONFUSED?????

Hi all had a bit of a prang in my G and require a driver side wing and front bumper, but this bloody late spec early spec is doing my nut in. i have been told that my exterior is late spec, as in the wings are a bit wider and the bumper too along wiv the fogs sitting out flush wiv the bumper.

where can i get hold of these parts and if possible can someone post comparison pics up please

G - G60!

If your exterior is late spec then the wings are slightly wider. The bumper is only really different in the fact that on a early the fogs and indicators are recessed into the bumper and use different units and the late bumper the fogs and indicators are flush with the bumper. The bonnet also differs in the fact teh early bonnet the centre is recessed like this ----___---- and is flatter at the front and the late bonnet is more rounded at the front and is bulged in the centre ____-----____

If yours is late I would stick to finding late parts, no point ageing your car unnecasserily!

How much wider are the wings, as i have a late bonnet as far as i know from the factory but its a 91 H reg registered in march, so would it stand to reason i have late wings?

Is it front and rear.

How much wider are the wings, as i have a late bonnet as far as i know from the factory but its a 91 H reg registered in march, so would it stand to reason i have late wings?

Is it front and rear.

They changed over on the '91. It would stand to reason you have late wings unless someone changed the bonnet at some point. The late bonnet will fit with early wings without standing out too much.

The rear bumper does change slightly with late also, but inly a very subtle change in that the swage line around the top of the bumper is slightly different.

Cheers Blue_Joe.

How much wider we talkin and where are they wider, same with the headlights still dont get the differences.